Search results

1. Teeter

klipsch R-40 m

I am not into music listening. Only movies. As budget type speakers, they should sound okay for music.
  2. Teeter

klipsch R-40 m

Try pointing them straight out in to the room. It might produce more equalization and somewhat reduce any tweeter harshness to the ears, for prolong listening. My R-51M[5"] speakers are used as my mains in my small room. They are 2 meters from listening distance and 1-1/2 meters apart in the...
  3. Teeter

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

@Sal1950 Movie sound tracks sound just fine to my 80 year old ears. Center channel has to have more Treble. More horn speakers are my preference, my friend. Classical music is not for me. Give me the live feeling!
  4. Teeter

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

I do not like speakers that are more Neutral sounding. I am a movie person, needing dynamic sounding speakers with clarity. Yet, the speakers are presentable for internet MP3.
  5. Teeter

klipsch R-40 m

You should be just fine listening at a 3 meter distance. Point the speakers straight out into the room or perhaps a little outward into the room. Experiment. Perhaps, you have already purchased the R-40M's. They are meant for near distant listening.
  6. Teeter

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Speaker Review

You might want to go back to your previous speakers and put the Elac's on Craigs list. These ELAC's may not be right for your NEAR listening pleasure. I assume you have them 6 feet[min] apart, tweeters at ear level and at least 6feet[min] distance, from listening seating.
  7. Teeter

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

@56suited I did try the A130's 3 years ago or so and they were too neutral for me. I went back to the Klipsch R-51M and now the Elac's. The Elac's hit the sweet spot for me.
  8. Teeter

Okay, I will recalibrate ALL the speakers, w/o their grills. :facepalm: Gees Update 1/18/24: I took the grills off the mains plus the center channel. No room recalibration and I think there is a difference. I will take the SS grills off today. My mind said there was a sound improvement...
  9. Teeter

I have the 6.2 for L & R fronts. Then have the C5.2 as center channel. I really like my ELAC's as my mains and should sound superb as surrounds. I watch a lot of DD movies and listen to internet net music in stereo mode. My basement room is 8 X 14 with listening distance of approx. 7 feet...
  10. Teeter

I leave the grills on all my speakers. My listening distance from the mains is 6 feet. Speakers are as clear as can be to my ears.
  11. Teeter

Yes, stay with the Klipsch that you have. I will give away my A-130's, couple Klipsch centers, and psb Imagine Center channel.
  12. Teeter

What equipment is driving your current speakers? IMO, buying the A130 is a few steps down from the RP-160M. If you don't have a good center channel, dialog is most questionable. I tried the A-130 a year ago and is okay for movies and very neutral to MY ears. Do you have a 5.1 surround system?
  13. Teeter

Your observation is welcomed per your ears, in your environment. Then again, it may depend on the grade of amplifier, $300 vs $1000, for example. Or the AVR one is using. Lots of variables for what speaker sound the best in one's environment. Just me talking, that's all.
  14. Teeter

Do what GR suggests or write them. https://gr-research.com/product/elac-debut-2-0-b6-2-upgrade/ https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/best-integrated-amp-for-elac-debut-6-2-speakers.987208/ For older Version B6 https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138550.0 Dampening Material...
  15. Teeter

ELAC Debut 6.2 - For Desktop (Nearfield) or Small Room (20 sqm)

Well..........I went back to the ELAC B6.2's as was wrong about the Klipsch R-51M for my ears for Movies and TV. I made some audio adjustments in the DENON AVR. The Klipsch R-51M's are now my side surrounds. Internet Music sounds great too. The ELACS were in my budget range at the time. I...
  16. Teeter

Looking for my next set of bookshelf/monitor active speakers

Looks pretty impressive.........ENJOY!
  17. Teeter

The speakers you selected, will need a separate power source to drive them, if trying to hook them directly into the TV RCA outputs...
  18. Teeter

What Budget Speakers Do You Enjoy?

See my below Signature. :D
  19. Teeter

What is your listening distance.....6 feet? What then?
  20. Teeter

ELAC Debut 6.2 - For Desktop (Nearfield) or Small Room (20 sqm)

Comparing Klipsch R-51 to Elac B6.2, which I have both for 6 foot distance listening, the R-51 is my preferred. The Elacs are collecting dust. Let me explain, I am a DD movie and TV listener and like the punch and clarity from the Klipsch, compared to the B6.2's, in my small HT room. The...
Top Bottom