Search results

1. S

TV -> Tannoy TS10

Yup - did that. No highs. which is the weird part
  2. S

TV -> Tannoy TS10

I have a Roku TV with the following outputs - Headphone 1/8" - optical I want to connect to my Tannoy system - Tannoy TS10 - with high pass to - Tannoy Reveal 501a This has a plethora of inputs. But limited with a 1/8" output from the TV. The odd part is this. If I use a spliter, 1/8"...
  3. S

Media player for Mac

The problem ultimately solved itself. https://www.jriver.com/download.html Media Monkey is now Mac native. and its only $70 for one time purchase This is awesome!
  4. S

Media player for Mac

Have been using JRiver MediaCentre for a week. It appears to mimic MediaMonkey very closely - I'm happy with it.
  5. S

Media player for Mac

Thanks for the feedback I have tried Audirvana, its ok, expensive and no caching, so it didnt solve my problem I dont run an EQ That is an excellent recommendation! thanks, UI - nothing special. Not flashy, more 2005 plain vanilla (I run an UI/UX design group... so maybe I'm an...
  6. S

Media player for Mac

I am looking for a media player, for my Mac(s) My setup is as follows: My server is a 2012 Mac Pro, with RAID 1 drives that holds all my media Networked to my other Macs around the house, mostly wired I ripped my entire collect to FLAC and put it on the server, ~300 Gb. Its all organized on...
  7. S

Hypex FA253 for 3 way DIY speakers

Its a soft requirement. I'd test out the setup, using the Emotiva as a DAC. But it doesnt make a lot of sense to me to have. Digital -> Analog -> digital -> analog. And in terms of packaging, it would be nice to get rid of all the rack gear, just Mac -> speakers, with a remote Of course, I see...
  8. S

Hypex FA253 for 3 way DIY speakers

I've been building speakers for about 15 years - this combines my love for audio and woodworking. :) These have all been 2 way desktop and small MTM configurations. About 7 years ago I set out to build a large set of 3 ways. (or 2 way with subs) Unfortunately things got in the way: moving 3...
  9. S

TV to XLR - recommendations

Interesting product, lousy name! :) And they do ship to Canada I'll try the $14 route and if thats no good, this is an option. Thanks for the tip
  10. S

So try something like this first? Which is only $14. Not sure if the TV will output enough to drive the speakers (0.775 v input needed) Otherwise I found a DAC, that TOSLink input and XLR output...
  11. S

I just bought a new Roku TV and would like to hook it to my speakers. TV = tcl 55s425-ca. This has audio outputs: - analog - the usual headphone jack, likely without volume control - digital 1 - looks like a TOSLink - digital 2 - HDMI ARC - new to me, but sounds promising. My speakers are...
Top Bottom