Search results

1. S

DAC+AMP with built-in PEQ? (or Qudelix + AMP?)

Are there any desktop DACs with a built-in PEQ? I'm using DT 1990s with a Monoprice Liquid Spark stack but I'm thinking about switching to a JDS Labs stack and maybe using a Qudelix 5K? However it would be nice to have a PEQ built into the DAC (ie. JDS Lab DAC+, which doesn't have an EQ) so I...
  2. S

Recommendation on budget USB-based line-input adapter?

Can anybody recommend a budget USB-based line-input adapter? I'm connecting some older MIDI equipment (ie. Roland MT32, SC-55, etc) to a Rolls MINIMIX II Stereo Line Mixer to my PC's line input but it's very noisy. I've seen the old Behringer UCA202 (or UCA222) on sale for $10 shipped. Is...
  3. S

USB audio adapter with line output? (re: outdoor speakers, amplifier)

Does anybody know of a cheap USB audio adapter with line output? I'm looking to connect a PC (w/o a soundcard) to a cheap amplifier (Lepy LP-2020A) to power outdoor patio speakers. Most of the USB sound cards seem to expect headphones or speakers so I think I need something with "line output"...
  4. S

beyerdynamic dt-990 versus dt-1990 (re: I've purchased both, need confirmation/advice) (gaming/music)

I'm a headphone newbie but I was previously using the dt-770 (80 ohm) and really liked them. I was looking for gaming/music headphones and saw the dt-990 was really popular so I purchased a pair on a good deal ($149 for the limited edition, 250 ohm) and immediately loved them except for the...
  5. S

Best way to play Dolby Atmos movies on headphones? (re: virtual surround sound)

Are there any good virtual surround sound options for playing Dolby Atmos (or DTS) on a PC with headphones? I've just finished my first beginner/budget audiophile setup: beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 ohm) Monoprice Liquid Spark Amplifier Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC So far I'm pretty happy...
  6. S

Best headphone amplifier (Liquid Spark, Magni 3+, ATOM) for DT 990 Pro (250 ohm) ?

I've just purchased beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 ohm) and I'm looking for a headphone amplifier. I also have DT 770 Pro (80 ohm) that I sometimes use. I'm trying to decide between the Liquid Spark, Magni 3+, and ATOM. I've just ordered the Liquid Spark based on recommendations but I really...
Top Bottom