Search results

1. S

DAC+AMP with built-in PEQ? (or Qudelix + AMP?)

Thanks! Is the 5-band (+2) PEQ considered a 'short delay' filter? I'm wondering what the delay is with the EQ enabled...
  2. S

That looks amazing but definitely expensive... I'm using a handful of source devices but they are all computers. I know it's easy to use software (ie. Equalizer APO) but it would be nice to have everything done in hardware and not require different applications running, etc. I forgot to...
  3. S

Are there any desktop DACs with a built-in PEQ? I'm using DT 1990s with a Monoprice Liquid Spark stack but I'm thinking about switching to a JDS Labs stack and maybe using a Qudelix 5K? However it would be nice to have a PEQ built into the DAC (ie. JDS Lab DAC+, which doesn't have an EQ) so I...
  4. S

Recommendation on budget USB-based line-input adapter?

Can anybody recommend a budget USB-based line-input adapter? I'm connecting some older MIDI equipment (ie. Roland MT32, SC-55, etc) to a Rolls MINIMIX II Stereo Line Mixer to my PC's line input but it's very noisy. I've seen the old Behringer UCA202 (or UCA222) on sale for $10 shipped. Is...
  5. S

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

That might be true, but unfortunately Windows requires 16-bit (or 24-bit) explicitly for Dolby Atmos and Windows Sonic. Because those sample rates aren't available it doesn't even show those HRTF modes.
  6. S

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

Does anybody have an XMOS driver for this DAC? The USB audio interface descriptor only supports S32_LE, SPECIAL, and DSD_U32_BE. However, I need 16-bit or 24-bit support for Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic on Windows 10/11. I've contacted Monoprice and Cavalli but haven't received a response yet...
  7. S

Apple lossless official announcement

I apologize if this was already asked (I searched the past 5-8 pages and couldn't find it). How can I connect my iPhone 11 Pro Max to my external dac (Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC) to play the new streaming lossless files? I'm already using the DAC's USB input to connect my PC so I'm hoping to...
  8. S

USB audio adapter with line output? (re: outdoor speakers, amplifier)

Does anybody know of a cheap USB audio adapter with line output? I'm looking to connect a PC (w/o a soundcard) to a cheap amplifier (Lepy LP-2020A) to power outdoor patio speakers. Most of the USB sound cards seem to expect headphones or speakers so I think I need something with "line output"...
  9. S

beyerdynamic dt-990 versus dt-1990 (re: I've purchased both, need confirmation/advice) (gaming/music)

I'm a headphone newbie but I was previously using the dt-770 (80 ohm) and really liked them. I was looking for gaming/music headphones and saw the dt-990 was really popular so I purchased a pair on a good deal ($149 for the limited edition, 250 ohm) and immediately loved them except for the...
  10. S

Best way to play Dolby Atmos movies on headphones? (re: virtual surround sound)

Are there any good virtual surround sound options for playing Dolby Atmos (or DTS) on a PC with headphones? I've just finished my first beginner/budget audiophile setup: beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 ohm) Monoprice Liquid Spark Amplifier Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC So far I'm pretty happy...
  11. S

Best headphone amplifier (Liquid Spark, Magni 3+, ATOM) for DT 990 Pro (250 ohm) ?

I've just purchased beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 ohm) and I'm looking for a headphone amplifier. I also have DT 770 Pro (80 ohm) that I sometimes use. I'm trying to decide between the Liquid Spark, Magni 3+, and ATOM. I've just ordered the Liquid Spark based on recommendations but I really...
Top Bottom