Search results

1. O

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

Now go stand in the corner and think about what you did!
  2. O

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

If you actually want a serious reply listen to Folklore or Evermore. Both of those fall more into the singer songwriter category and shows off her songwriting skills. If you want a more pop style upbeat album check out 1989. I don't think it's very hard to get her appeal. Clever lyrics about...
  3. O

Should we correct to Schroder, or full range?

I played around with the Dirac for Windows free trial earlier this week and the volume calibration step really could have used more pointers on how and what to adjust. Going to be a bit more careful there on my next attempt and make sure to read up on it. With that said my initial attempt was...
  4. O

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

Well in my case it’s already solved since I simply installed the custom firmware in my JDS Atom DAC. Most AVR:s seem to be overkill for 2-channel needs and they come in massive ugly boxes.
  5. O

Those are not eARC compatible though. You have to put the signal through them and then to your TV and that will probably mess up a bunch of stuff such as Dolby Vision etc.
  6. O

In reality that would mean no fix though. This has been an issue on LG TV:s for years. It was driving me crazy when we went from a projector setup to a TV a couple of months ago and after some searching it turns out to be a known issue. Luckily I was actually using a JDS DAC so a simple...
  7. O

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Got a second pair as a gift for my partner because at this price why not? Went with a more colorful combo this time, which she loved. We spent a good few hours yesterday listening to music separately but together.
  8. O

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

It’s funny how perceptions change. First time around I didn’t like the CP155 tips at all but I gave them a second chance today and had a totally different experience. (No wonder audiofoolery works so well) While I didn’t really mind the stock cable I discovered the rectangular shaped...
  9. O

Bought a bunch of tips to try and find what works best. I’ve found that the deeper insertion on the Zero Reds means I have to go down a size compared to the 7hz. For the Zero 2:s my favorites so far are the Fiio HS18 and Spinfit W1. While the medium W1 worked well I had a feeling a size down...
  10. O

Correct answer. Guru Q10 in Ocean Grey. I got a bunch of tips earlier this week and at the moment I’m pretty happy with the small Fiio HS18 tips on the Reds. Small Spinfit W1:s (not in the picture) also worked pretty well but they’re a bit fiddly to get on the nozzles.
  11. O

What lenses are you currently using?

I love the Sigma Art 135 1.8 and it’s a focal width I really enjoy shooting at. Would love to have the Nikkor 135 1.8 as well as the 85 1.2 for the Z mount but both of those come with quite a price tag. These were shot on a Nikon D810 but I upgraded to the Z9 last year. I also have a Nikon...
  12. O

It's a bit funny. I just had some speakers for over 2000 € delivered last week and here I am spending my time listening to 25 dollar IEM:s out of an Apple phone dongle :D (To be fair I did listen a LOT to the speakers over the weekend) I've been playing around a bit more with different ear tips...
  13. O

To me the Reds feel a bit more mid forward I also feel like there's more clarity in the treble on the Zero 2:s. I'm not quite sure why looking at the graphs but the measured graphs don't always correspond to what we hear since different ear tips and fit does affect the sound. I don't like the...
  14. O

Got these today along with the 7hz Zero 2:s I was a bit worried that the nozzles would be too big for me but they’re actually really comfortable overall. So far I like the medium sized with small bore size best. Nothing from my tip collection worked very well with the big nozzles so I’ll stick...
  15. O

I couldn’t resist trying these along with the Truthear Reds. Both arrived today and I like them both but the Zero 2:s are insane value for the money. I’ll probably order another set as a backup and a set for my partner as well because why not? She’s an audiologist and we share the love of music...
  16. O

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

I run my Element III using Ropieee on a Raspberry Pi.
  17. O

Are you a FAN boy? Fan-less vs. forced air music server / transport (passive vs. active cooling)

Last time I upgraded my workstation I moved the old one into a storage room. It´s running my Roon server among other things. It has a powerful GPU as it´s also used for 3D rendering duties so it´s pretty noisy under full load. All my endpoints are using Raspberry Pi´s with passive cooling...
  18. O

Do you mainly stream music or own it?

I’ve never seen Qobuz mentioned outside hifi-related forums or news sites. The goto solution for most people in Sweden is Spotify but Youtube is probably popular with certain age groups. I listen mostly to streaming these days but we still have our CD collection and I’ve ripped most of it and...
  19. O

Etymotic ER2 vs balanced armature

IIRC there is some internal venting for the driver but I'm not 100% sure. I bet you could get very very close with EQ. Personally I prefer ER2SE over ER2XR as I find the XR bass bleeds to much into the mids.
Top Bottom