Search results

1. R

Need Monitor Advice for a Challenging Small Room

You think that's a bigger problem than his current arrangement??? A modal issue at low frequencies is pretty minor compared to the mess his current LP is in.
  2. R

Need Monitor Advice for a Challenging Small Room

You need to turn your desk 180 degrees so the speakers can fire into the length of the room. At some point, you need to have a workable setup to produce a decent product
  3. R

Speaker "Speed"

I didn't read through all five pages, but the thing that always strikes me on these arguments for speed, at least when they are used for bass: a driver creates sound with total excursion (movement + area), so isn't it odd to think a smaller woofer is "faster" than a larger one when it has to...
  4. R

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

For the love of god, WHY???? A quick Google search should easily turn up what a dumpster fire of a company Emotiva is when it comes to processors. Avoid at all costs.
  5. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Pretty standard practice to add notes to figures even in formal engineering reports. I know every firm I've worked at has done that and I've seen the same from our competitors. So, not really sure where you're coming from.
  6. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

You just plainly don't understand how free speech in America works...that's OK, far too many Americans don't either.
  7. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I believe he claimed earlier to have 8 employees, but certainly Eric does all the design work. I feel sorry for them economically if they lose their jobs, but it can be a real nightmare working for an owner with these behaviors and moving on would probably be better for their mental health.
  8. R

BMR dispersion

A 2-inch driver is not a woofer...just saying. :) Wait, you are saying the Minx 22 is better so you already have one? I mean, just play content and move off axis in both orientations. But yes, vertically the radiation is going to be messy and much more limited than horizontally -- just look at...
  9. R

BMR dispersion

There is no way that speaker is adequate to use as a center channel...I seriously doubt it's even equal to the speakers in any decent TV. Cambridge doesn't provide any actual specs but it appears to be a 2-way speaker, so no it will not perform well laid on its side.
  10. R

Yes, I'm running a NUC with a dedicated Roon OS...this is not even remotely the same the same thing as installing Kodi (not for me) on a Windows OS. It was worth it to me to spend the money on Roon to have a reliable, beautiful, and highly functional media player that can handle all audio types...
  11. R

How Long Do Speakers Sound as They Were Designed ?

Well, those speakers were all massively inaccurate when new, so how could you tell? :)
  12. R

In my case, I didn't want to hook up a Windows PC to my AV system and try to select music on that, otherwise I could have just used Foobar. I wanted an appliance, so I built up a NUC, put the Roon ROCK OS on it (very highly specialized Linux OS), and use it as my endpoint for Roon. It can play...
  13. R

I'll have to read that section, although the graph relates to pure tones -- more broadband signals like a lot of music are not perceived nor behave the same way as pure tones. I think there is some confusion here in regards to the micing technique, whether it's on my side or the two of you, I'll...
  14. R

I agree...I needed to build a music server to play my content (including high-res 5.1 music) properly and, overall, Roon, was a good solution. But it is expensive and, even worse, the Roon community is very cult-like.
  15. R

If that were true (I've never heard anyone else claim such an effect, nor do I understand what physical mechanism would cause it), it should be addressed during the mixing and mastering of the recording and not by permanently EQ-ing the speaker! While I realize a disable switch is discussed...
  16. R

I was part of a blind cable test many years ago and the sponsor used some Zu model in the $15-20k/pair price point (keep in mind this is 15-20 years ago). They were very colored.
  17. R

So boring you apparently missed the part where the feet in place didn't affect the resonance and had barely any effect on frequency response...good grief.
  18. R

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I should have clarified with 2-way bookshelves...but even then, the Lintons have substantially higher distortion between 100 and 300 Hz than the F206...roughly 10 dB. :)
  19. R

I just posted this summary of Erin's new video on the "other thread": The measurements with the feet in place were essentially no different. And Erin spends about 10 minutes going through the communications with Eric Alexander -- Eric definitely threated him with litigation if the review wasn't...
  20. R

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Compared to what? For me, I would always use a subwoofer anyway, but I believe Revel erred on the side of sensitivity instead of deep bass response.
Top Bottom