Search results

1. YouCanCallMeGeorge

Hypex NC252 failed (twice) -- suggestions for replacement?

I've gone through two Hypex NC252 amplifiers in two years. The first unit failed after 10 months, and was replaced under warranty. The second failed after 12 months; it's now out of warranty. The failure mode was the same for both units: The left channel dropped to five or ten percent power...
  2. YouCanCallMeGeorge

Hypex NC252MP Overheating?

I'm wondering if my Hypex NC252MP amplifier is overheating in its Ghent Audio case. I bought the amplifier early this year. I left the entire system powered up 24 hours a day, even when not in use. A couple of months ago I noticed that the amplifier case was always warm to the touch, even after...
  3. YouCanCallMeGeorge

miniDSP SHD w/Dirac: -10 dB ouput level setting cuts resolution 90%?

From the miniDSP SHD Series User Manual: If I've done the calculation correctly, -10 dB means the output is one tenth the input. I interpret this to mean that the signal coming into the DSP will be multiplied by 0.1 before any work is done by Dirac. Seems like the result would be loss of 90%...
  4. YouCanCallMeGeorge

Critique my system upgrade

After 23 years of service it's time to upgrade our stereo system. Existing system: — CD player — Onkyo TX-8511 (integrated tuner and amp, 100 watts per channel, 0.08% THD) — Kef Q15 speakers — Subwoofer (Due to placement, the sound is so disconnected from the Kefs that I turned it down to the...
Top Bottom