Search results

1. J

Pair of subs for JBL 708P?

I agree - but I'm really intrigued by PSA's use of the B&C drivers and ICE amplification, I've read comparisons with the servo controlled Rythmiks and its been noted that there is a difference - particularly in the mid bass.
  2. J

Pair of subs for JBL 708P?

I've received a pair of 708P, perfectly thrilled with them. I've got a very large room but listening to them in a midfield (with desk) configuration. Speakers are on stands 7' apart, desk is 4'-4" wide with an open base like a table (no drawers, skirting, etc) and positioned between the...
  3. J

KH310A vs 708P

I did read that as well, although I feel better letting the SHD Studio handle the whole thing - not sure if there would be any benefit splitting the duties. Feature set wise miniDSP has a good thing with the SHD line, the only other unit I could compare with was the RME ADI-2-Pro but its...
  4. J

KH310A vs 708P

You're very correct, no SHD Studio review - I've read the regular SHD review several times, I suppose it just gave me confidence in the Studio if nothing else. I suppose I could only care about jitter in a digital converter with SPIDF output, but I'm just a novice so not sure how important that...
  5. J

KH310A vs 708P

I'm in the US but I'm not opposed to switching to Qobuz, nothing really holding me back. I actually have 2 ethernet connections available right next to the system, one for PC and one for a streamer, so fortunate there. Seems like I can take advantage of the price difference here in the US...
  6. J

KH310A vs 708P

Much appreciated for this recap. I wasn't aware of the SHD's limitation with its Dirac Live version and sub integration, that's unfortunate as I've never used Dirac before and hoped it would be all inclusive. I am interested in the SHD as a streamer - I've got a free ethernet jack in the...
  7. J

KH310A vs 708P

Per JBL 708P has Room EQ, User EQ, Room Delay, AV Sync Delay, 4 parametric filters, HF Shelf, LF Shelf . There is JBL's HiQnet but I'm not sure of what it offers. I'm assuming with the 708P DSP I would need to use REW for measurements and manually adjust the 708P DSP settings, versus the more...
  8. J

KH310A vs 708P

Thanks for the great input. I'm in the US so I agree costs do come into play. You bring up great points about DSP. If going with the 708P, given its internal DSP, what are your thoughts about going with something like a miniDSP SHD Studio on the front end and using its Dirac instead of the...
  9. J

KH310A vs 708P

Thanks folks, regarding pricing as I think it would help: I'm in the US so the JBL are much less here than the KH310A. I also haven't bought the miniDSP yet (I do own the Rythmik). The standard SHD for the KH310A is $350 more than the studio version that could be used with the 708P. The SHD...
  10. J

KH310A vs 708P

I've been researching other threads till I'm blue in the face and before I make a decision I'd like to pose the question to the forum: KH130A or 708P? This is for a large odd shaped room, I will designate a 16' x 17' space as my listening area but the room is 'T' shaped and about 2.5 times...
  11. J

Help please, solution for PC-->JBL 708P

Thanks - are you using a volume control on your steamer or on the MiniDSP Studio? Appreciate the info, its giving me more options to consider.
  12. J

Quick question for you, how do you incorporate the DAC for your subs? I would need to address that with the MiniDSP Studio vs the Topping or RME that have both balanced for the 708p and unbalanced for the subs.
  13. J

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind I consider my room somewhat challenging so it would be nice to compare with and without Dirac room correction applied. I did read in several places that listeners of the 708P report no difference between the digital or analog inputs. So the 708P's internal DAC...
  14. J

Thanks Jim - I assume you're using Dirac instead of the 708P's EQ?
  15. J

I did see it, I've read all of Amir's reviews on the items I'm considering. I do really like Dirac, but then I would be using it in lieu of the EQ I'm already getting in the 708P. I also find the option of either the standard SHD vs the Studio very convenient, not sure which I would choose...
  16. J

I've been doing a lot of research for a solution to put between my laptop and a pair of JBL 708P. This is a new system I'm putting together. My budget is $1,000 +/-, if higher I need good justification. I'm not decided between going digital or analog into the 708P. Whatever I choose I want...
  17. J

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

Did you every compare against the 708P analog input? The SHD Studio def has all the features...
  18. J

Oh thanks - that would be great to know. I found the RME to one of the few with both balanced analog out AND AES3 out . Would be really nice to know how the the two compare with the 708P. I too would want to run subs so all of that working optimally would be perfect.
  19. J

So use something like an AES out card from the PC?
  20. J

Pardon my naivete but I'm still at a loss for finding what a good volume control would be for the 708P given the digital inputs. Or would it be better to go with an outboard DAC/preamp with analog volume despite the double conversion inside the 708P?
Top Bottom