Search results

1. C

Used home theatre speakers

I'm looking at putting together a little 5.0 setup in my apartment. Im looking at going cheap by buying 2nd hand. That said I'm considering going with the pioneer andrew jones speakers - 4 bookshelves and the centre. I can get this fairly cheap and they seem to be fairly common. That said are...
  2. C

Advice on very low budget soundbar beater?

A friend of mine is shopping for an audio upgrade for his 4ktv. Probably spending between 300 to 400 Canadian. I was wondering if there's a setup Superior to a soundbar for him. One thoguht I had was to get a pair of jbl a130s with are 262 or polk xt15 which are 187 and pair it with a surround...
  3. C

Question about dolby atmos

From what I understand to have the proper dolby atmos experience you need a couple of overhead speakers. However I see it touted as a feature even in soundbars which is confusing to me. I'm looking at putting together a 5.1 setup and thinking I should probably prioritize budget on the 5...
  4. C

Opinions on measurements vs perception?

First off I want to preface by saying I love the education and knowledge of audio I've received from this site and the reviews. I'm in the market for a receiver and bookshelf speaker pairing to compliment my newly purchased lg bx 65 inch oled. I'm looking at an entry level denon receiver and...
  5. C

opinion on speaker selection for atmos overhead

hey guys, im planning a 5.1.2 atmos setup for my apartment. thinking of going with the pioneer andrew jones bookshelves for front LR and surround LR. was thinking of also using another pair mounted on my ceiling pointed down for atmos channels. do you think these speakers would be suitable...
  6. C

Opinions on my speaker and sub selection?

Hi guys, Based upon my browsing of canadian retailers and reading here and other sites ive settled on the following 5.1 speaker+sub combo: Front L and R - pioneer andrew jones bookshelf speakers bs22 Centre Chanel - pioneer andrew jones centre channel spc22 Surround L and R - pioneer andrew...
  7. C

Room correction and eq options for lower end receivers

Hi guys, From reading this forum the room correction capabilities of a receiver are highly regarded. That said, im curious what the options are for a lower end receiver. For example - the denon s750h has basic audyssey room eq. However, i see in the various reviews that its possible to...
  8. C

Opinions on dolby atmos virtualization?

Hey guys, I'm curious if owners of receivers with dolby atmos height virtualization could tell me what their impression of the tech is with a regular 5.1 or 7.1 setup is. I live in an apartment where ceiling speakers arent a real practical option. And the speakers that point at the ceiling...
  9. C

Question regarding audyssey multi eq

Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a denon receiver and pairing it with elac unifi 2.0 bookshelf speakers for a 2.0 sound setup. Ive read that most people recommend paying the premium to get a denon receiver that has audyssey multi eq xt32. That said, is that level of room correction that big...
Top Bottom