Search results

1. C

Revel C208 Review (Center Speaker)

Could a centre channel like this be converted into a "soundbar" I wonder without needing a big amp/receiver
  2. C

RSL CG25 Center Speaker Review

How do people apply custom eq for each speaker in surround sound? Is hardware for that expensive?
  3. C

Used home theatre speakers

The mod is a bit outside of my skill level but I've been looking for the already modded versions on the used market
  4. C

Used home theatre speakers

I'm looking at putting together a little 5.0 setup in my apartment. Im looking at going cheap by buying 2nd hand. That said I'm considering going with the pioneer andrew jones speakers - 4 bookshelves and the centre. I can get this fairly cheap and they seem to be fairly common. That said are...
  5. C

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Could the boosted high frequencies on the s15/s20 be fixed by simply turning down the treble on a cheaper amp?
  6. C

Polk S30 Center Speaker Review

Am I to gather from the reviews of 2 way center speakers that one would be better off just using a bookshelf speaker as a center channel? Considering many have better horizontal directivity? Why don't companies just sell a bookshelf speaker as a center?
  7. C

THX cinema with pro cinema audio gear

How come you prefer laserdisc over something like blu ray? Is LD more faithful to the theatrical release?
  8. C

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Is there any precedent for variations in measurements for speakers with the same components like this?
  9. C

Polk Audio Signature S15 Speaker Review

"This worked well although the shelving filter is a poor choice here (you want a gradual rolling off filter which Roon does not have)." Are typical consumer surround receivers able to eq a gradual rolling off filter? I was thinking of getting these speakers but nto sure what kind of gear I...
  10. C

Atmos speakers should be vertically or horizontally aligned?

This is a bit off topic, but I see the speaker topper atmos speakers pushed. Would that sound lousy? Seems like bizarre addition.
  11. C

Advice on very low budget soundbar beater?

A friend of mine is shopping for an audio upgrade for his 4ktv. Probably spending between 300 to 400 Canadian. I was wondering if there's a setup Superior to a soundbar for him. One thoguht I had was to get a pair of jbl a130s with are 262 or polk xt15 which are 187 and pair it with a surround...
  12. C

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Speaker Review

Price increases are crazy, the elac debut references have gone from 600 to 900 Canadian up north!
  13. C

Question about dolby atmos

From what I understand to have the proper dolby atmos experience you need a couple of overhead speakers. However I see it touted as a feature even in soundbars which is confusing to me. I'm looking at putting together a 5.1 setup and thinking I should probably prioritize budget on the 5...
  14. C

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Ahh ok so not suitable for an entry level surround receiver?
  15. C

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Anyone who has the speakers, I was thinking of getting a couple pairs to use as a 4.0 setup in my living room as a budget setup. It's an apartment so it's not a large space. Would they be loud enough for a distance of about 10 or 12 feet?
  16. C

Difference between Audyssey Multeq VS Multeq XT Vs Multeq XT32

It's a bit silly to have all these different levels of room correction under one brand I mean c'mon just give everyone, xt32
  17. C

TVs...

I really would not recommend going with a lower end oled like the lg b series. I had a 65 inch one and returned it since the black levels were crushed and handled gradients poorly. And overall it was quite dim. The lack of detail in dark parts drove me nuts. I'd go with a 4k projector if I...
  18. C

Denon S760H

The low end denons always looked like the best receiver range for budget buys. I wanna get one next year sometime.
  19. C

ASR recommendations should take price into account, and shouldn't only be based on the subjective test.

He often mentions price in his reviews. Like the cheaper speakers he will mention that for the price they're great like the edifier bookshelves. He does this in other reviews too.
Top Bottom