Search results

1. T

Advice for second set of speakers similar in performance/price to Elac DBR-62s?

I've just completed my setup as follows in the living room Netflix (30%) and Music (70%): Elac DBR-62 AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC XLR Topping D30 Pro Volumio on RPi (Tidal HiFi, Spotify Premium, Qobuz) As a first audiophine setup, I am beyond pleased. Very very happy with it. I'm looking for a...
  2. T

TV->RPi->DAC possible?

If a DAC doesn't have enough inputs (like say the d10 balanced), can I plug the TV (via either toslink or RCA) in to the RPi streamer instead? If so would the sound coming out be any different that if the TV were to be directly connected to the DAC?
  3. T

topping D30 Pro vs E30: what do i get for an extra USD200?

I'm looking to get a budget balanced dac. initially i'd considered getting the SMSL-SU8 v2 (USD250). But I'm seeing the D30 Pro now (USD360) and it does look tempting given how well it measures. However, I'm seeing that it costs around USD200 more than the E30. I'm wondering, am I paying just...
  4. T

Aiyima A07/A08 (TPA 3255) vs Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR (nc252mp) for ELAC DBR-62?

I have already purchased the ELAC DBR-62. And I was initially set on getting the following trio of devices to go with it for my living room listening (music and TV): - Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR (250W per channel at 4ohm) - Topping D30 Pro (initially considered but struck out the SMSL SU9...
  5. T

what exactly does the allo usbridge do?

i'm trying to put together a streamer to be connected to the smsl su-8 v2. i had initially thought that it would simply be a affair of getting a raspberry pi 4 and throwing volumio etc on it and i'd be good to go, but as i went down the rabbit hole i'm starting to have doubts that if i don't...
  6. T

help with purchasing interconnects

thanks to the help i've received here on ASR, i've finally put together the list of things i need for my first setup. i've settled on the Elac DBR-62, audiophonics xlr nc252mp based amp, smsl su-8 v2. Now my problem is I have no idea how to connect these together! since i'm ordering my amp off...
  7. T

Dac to amp rca vs xlr?

I've narrowed down my amp and dac options for the elac dbr62. All that's left is for me to decide if I should go the xlr or rca route. Would there be any audible differences? If not would getting the xlr versions help future proof my setup? The two dacs I'm considering are the e30 for rca and...
  8. T

Yamaha WXA-50 vs R-N803

I was initially going to get the R-N803 for a mix of audio and TV (plex, netflix), to pair with the DBR62, when I learned that the WXA-50 actually has higher quality internals. is that right? (something about class D vs class AB IIRC and 4-ohm rating) The WXA-50 looks quite a bit smaller than...
  9. T

WXA-50 vs R-N803 for first home theatre

I was initially going to get the R-N803 for a mix of audio and TV (plex, netflix), to pair with the DBR62, when I learned that the WXA-50 actually has higher quality internals. is that right? (something about class D vs class AB IIRC and 4-ohm rating) The WXA-50 looks quite a bit smaller than...
  10. T

Yamaha R-N803 vs A-S801?

On paper, they appear identical, save for slightly different DACs, bottom metal plate on the 801, more circuitry in the 801 (from teardown pics), and weight (801 being 2.4lbs heavier). Anyone have subjective comparison of these two? Are there better components in the 801? I'm looking for...
  11. T

B&W 606 S2 vs ELAC Debut DBR62

this is my first foray in to audio. i'm torn between these two speakers at the moment. there's are really good deal on the B&W, however i couldn't find any objective measurements on it here on ASR (or anywhere else for that matter). However, the DBR62 just got the stamp of approval from amir...
  12. T

r-n303 vs r-n803 for the ELAC DBR62?

which of these receivers would be a good enough match for the DBR62? would the 803 (or the a-s801) be overkill? my source will be FLAC from NAS over ethernet, mainly listening to classical and jazz. i will also use this for watching TV. or should i think about getting a pre/power amp setup...
Top Bottom