Search results

1. cany89

2x SVS SB-2000 Pro As Flank!

Hi All! Back again with interesting questions - I guess :) I'm going to pull the trigger on 2x SVS SB-2000 Pro sealed subwoofers. Right now I have 8-inch no-name subs sitting flank to my mains. Mains are bookshelves that start to roll off around 150 Hz (they are near field, I'm using mid...
  2. cany89

miniDSP SHD - but without DAC, streamer, and Dirac…

Hi everyone! I’m looking for a device that takes the XLR out of my preamp, split it to 4 XLR (2x for bookshelfs so XLR to power amp, 2x to active subs XLR or RCA). Then I need crossover, delay, and convolution filter for each output. So that I can set delay to bookshelfs if needed, and use...
  3. cany89

JBL 4429 vs 4349

Hi All! I got JBL 705i paired with dual 8-inch subs. 705s got active crossover around 110 Hz and subs take over below. It's a large living room with a bit of reverb. But overall I'm very happy. I was eyeing some new bigger models for a while. 4429 and 4349. I can understand from the price the...
  4. cany89

Ugliest sounding CD player vs. PC Stream Test Ever!

Disclaimer: Sorry for what I did. Just happened out of curiosity with the worst possible setup possible. I wanted to see if I can record any difference between PC Stream and CD player. Here is what I did: - I downloaded a shady record app to my iPhone, set a tripod, and put it in front of the...
  5. cany89

DSD is better than PCM!

Fresh from the oven! From my favorite MC, Paul from PS Audio! Ok so, maybe he is right, I don't know and don't care much. Because he will probably say he is talking about the marvelous records, recorded directly DSD or something, on their Octave records. So it doesn't apply to the music that I...
  6. cany89

PMC twenty5.24i

Hi Everyone! I'm thinking of getting a pair of these speakers. I know smaller versions have measured very badly here. But I want to hear from someone who has both seen the other versions' measurements and listened to 24i. - if possible ofc... Otherwise, I saw the measurements and a lot of bad...
  7. cany89

New HP Amp for LCD-2

Hi everyone! I got RME ADI-2 and Audeze LCD-2 - some of you might remember bc you help me choose those, thanks a lot! I'm not a techy guy and read some comments about how current is also important besides watts when driving planar headphones. And even on high setting in ADI-2, I feel like the...
  8. cany89

Help with DSP Settings for JBL705i

Hi All! I only know how to use EQ a bit. Total newbie about sound processing. Somehow I got JBL705i. I felt it sound a bit different compared to my other setup or headphone but not much tbh. Anyway, I've been told I should do the required DSP settings in order to get the correct sound. I found...
  9. cany89

Best headphones for Rock/Metal under $2K

Howdy! I have RME ADI 2 and HD 558, and pretty happy with these. But I'm looking for an upgrade. - Tried HD 600, slightly better but not a huge upgrade. - Tried HD 800 S - with/without EQ. I liked it. They are definitely far better than what I have and HD 600. I had my WOW moments when I was...
  10. cany89

Help choosing new DAC

Howdy, Everyone! I'm using Pioneer U-05 as DAC and Preamp, connected to the power amp with XLR cables. I want to upgrade my DAC. I checked Benchmark DAC 3 and RME Adi2 Dac, but I'm not sure if these DACs can improve the sound - or worth the hassle to change the component. The budget is around...
Top Bottom