Search results

1. cany89

JBL 4329p 8”active Studio Monitor series

Has anyone got the chance to compare 4329 to 708? Since 4329 measures pretty well, ha built in streamer, it’s definitely an interesting choice for me. If I buy 708, I will have to use Streamer + DAC (MBP + RME Adi-2) What say you guys :)
  2. cany89

2x SVS SB-2000 Pro As Flank!

Guess I'll have to fiddle around and see how it sounds best (regarding high-pass).
  3. cany89

2x SVS SB-2000 Pro As Flank!

Hi All! Back again with interesting questions - I guess :) I'm going to pull the trigger on 2x SVS SB-2000 Pro sealed subwoofers. Right now I have 8-inch no-name subs sitting flank to my mains. Mains are bookshelves that start to roll off around 150 Hz (they are near field, I'm using mid...
  4. cany89

Best headphones for Rock/Metal under $2K

Sure! It’s combination of 2 Harman curves. Bass section is from older where it was less elevated. Try it and if you think you need more bass, you can just add few dB below 120 hz with low shelf. Pk - 35hz, +2dB, Q=1.41 Pk - 528hz, +1.5dB, Q=2.3 Pk - 890hz, -1.5dB, Q=3.5 Pk - 1224hz, -1.5dB...
  5. cany89

miniDSP SHD - but without DAC, streamer, and Dirac…

@JRS Directivity starts after 100 cycle. So if your 15’ woofers are crossed below that, I don’t think you need to worry about this. I’m just guessing here btw :)
  6. cany89

Thanks @DWPress , I was reluctant to sacrifice my second Adi to this but I will try again to see if it works.
  7. cany89

I know! It’s all because I’m trying to use studio monitors without their dsp or amp pair that applies the filters… No need for delay is good news!
  8. cany89

That’s bummer! I will try 2x Adi-2 once more than. What do you think about delay issue? Does 12-13 inch subs need delay on mains to match he phase?
  9. cany89

This is OK with current setup but with cabins like SVS 2000, I will have to place the 705s on top of subs to match this distance. Will vibration hurt the 705s?
  10. cany89

That is actually correct. It sounds like 3 way. But I want to add crossover to my mains. Either via PEQ or just xover function…
  11. cany89

@abdo123 thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately my system is locked. I got macbook pro with RME Adi-2 as DAC + Pre. I’m 100% happy with the sound. I managed to get convolution filter for my 705 as well. Currently applying the filter with vst on pc out - before DAC. I measured the 705s and...
  12. cany89

Hi everyone! I’m looking for a device that takes the XLR out of my preamp, split it to 4 XLR (2x for bookshelfs so XLR to power amp, 2x to active subs XLR or RCA). Then I need crossover, delay, and convolution filter for each output. So that I can set delay to bookshelfs if needed, and use...
  13. cany89

Those of you who believe measurements aren't the whole story, do you have a hypothesis why that is?

You can buy a calibrated measurement mic (like umik-1) and run the simplest test possible to get an in-room response of your speakers. It will tell you exactly how well bass is below 200 Hz will integrate and more. (Although I believe you are talking about anechoic chamber measurements, I still...
  14. cany89

What was the 1st system that made you go WOW!!!!

76' JBL L50, Pioneer U-05 DAC + Pre, Counterpoint Solid Amp. I got all used from different sellers in a few months. Blow away my Elac's + integrated setup. Realy had the WOW factor when you were listening to rock music.
  15. cany89

The Most Audiophool Thing You Own

I bought a Siltech XLR cable. Probably the cheapest they offer but expensive for any sane person! I definitely regret it but at least I like the look :/
  16. cany89

JBL 4429 vs 4349

This might be the PRO version as normal ADI-2 FS that I have only got analog outs. But I got the idea. I just saw that while looking for a digital crossover with XLR in / out. My only complaint would be ADI-2s specs are probably better. So I'm not 100% convinced to put another powered unit...
  17. cany89

JBL 4429 vs 4349

Some measurements: - This is without room EQ, right channel. Orange is without filter, highlighted with filters. (This measurement is around 1m away, others are from my listening area 2.5m appr.) - Red one is 705, green is sub. - This is how it looks final - without room EQ. I hope bass...
  18. cany89

JBL 4429 vs 4349

UPDATE! After I saw the FR without DSP and how wrong it should be sounding (credits to @changer ) I tried my best to apply convolution. Got some help from @aac - thank you so much mate - and I'm shocked. I'm really humbled. Anyone reading this: please do not use studio monitors that need DSP...
  19. cany89

JBL 4429 vs 4349

At least there is a passive crossover. That’s something :D
  20. cany89

JBL 4429 vs 4349

@changer ok I’ll measure my in room response asap and see how it looks.
Top Bottom