Search results

1. MacCali

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Nah man my speakers are 6 ohms. You don’t have to address the issue, it’s not like the unit shuts down from the heat. My unit is on top of an audio stand fully exposed. Inside a rack maybe a different story without proper air flow. You’re jamming multiple speaker amps all into one box I’m not...
  2. MacCali

Dune 2 - Score discussion with Zimmer, your reactions to film

I ended up giving this other theater a shot and watched it again rather than a Dolby cinema. I’ve never seen or heard of it, but it’s a THX ultimate cinema. I will say definitely no where near the experience of IMAX in bass and SPL. But it does have atmos channels and this theater actually...
  3. MacCali

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Yea you need a fan no matter what, I got a 7013 and even when I used to drive only 5 channels the unit would feel grotesquely hot. Since I bought my fans, which is 4 custom high cfm, the unit is always at very reasonable temps. I definitely can’t say how hot, but in my experience after one...
  4. MacCali

Upgrade to Yamaha rn1000a or something else?

First off, what’s your budget? My personal suggestion would be the NAD 326BEE. I own it, and I have a variety of integrated, power, and receiver's I’ve used as amps. It works out well for me and can get plenty loud, do not be deceived by 50 watts. Almost any amp you use typically plays in...
  5. MacCali

Over ear bluetooth headphones

Depends what you are seeking and what you consider well. Unfortunately if audio quality is what you seek typically I have notice noise cancellation headphone manufacturers sometimes greatly hinder the performance. I purchased a few headphones back in 2021, and the only ones that passed my...
  6. MacCali

Triangle Comète 40th Anniversary measurements

I think your best bet is to buy a mic and measure the performance of your room too. Some speakers which are well behaved are more predictable. However your room will play a roll in the final experience. Then I am certain someone will be able to give you some legitimate feedback on possible...
  7. MacCali

Anyone familiar with Piega?

That’s actually one of my favorite ribbon speakers, however I’ve only heard new versions of them. 2022 was the first time I had heard them. Personally my only like about these speakers is that highs come through very well and are not sibilant. Most ribbon tweeters or AMT anything using some...
  8. MacCali

Wiim Mini

You should try making a pi streamer if you have a bit of tech savvy. It’s far cheaper and the performance is outstanding. The better deal is to get a quality hat for the pi board and you can get a killer streamer that probably will kill anything up to 2k.
  9. MacCali

Hands down, I quite often listen to the dune soundtrack. It’s quite relaxing. Also the first dune on 4K UHD is my first experience with HT physical media using TrueHD decoding. It greatly enhanced the movie immersion. Honestly I can’t wait to watch it at home
  10. MacCali

I watched it in IMAX, and I also watched Shane Lee’s review of which presentation was better. As he stated and I can consider his point of view legitimate, one he is a HT enthusiast and he has seen both. Only thing to add is his IMAX experience was not in 70MM I watched it in 70 MM, and it...
  11. MacCali

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

Definitely, my apologies if I came off offensive. That’s a tough one. Maybe check his other power conditioner reviews and see the measurements there. It maybe something present in his AC line. Was searching for an answer, can’t find what the source can be. If it isn’t present in his other...
  12. MacCali

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

Who knows that’s something in the ultra sonics. But you can clearly see the unit is doing nothing. There’s no difference between direct from the wall and out of the filter. Whether it is audible difference is highly debatable, besides the fact one has a drop or roll off in the highs. I...
  13. MacCali

Review and Measurements of Oppo UDP-205 UHD Player

I want to see the magnatar 800 or 900 in comparison. Not sure if there are any legit measurements, in addition it would probably need be the 900 with hopes that the video quality is better than the 800 which is less than the Panasonic hcx tech or whatever it’s called. Seems like that’s the only...
  14. MacCali

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Random, but someone maybe interested. Passive sub amp from bowers & wilkins. Bowers & Wilkins - CT Series 1000W 1.0-Ch. Subwoofer Amplifier - Black 399, msrp “2000”. From Best Buy but you must order in store, while supplies last
  15. MacCali

Audioholics Measurements and review of Anthem MRX 1140 and 740 AVRs

Yes my apologies, just double checked and it’s the 1120. The 740 should be fine unless there’s been changes as it produces 108 db sinad at 2 volts @tmukh. But still as pointed out above there’s plenty of ways to get what you need. If you ever want to upgrade to more channels in the future...
  16. MacCali

Yea honestly if you search you maybe able to find other ways to achieve this. If you are not going to have 5 speakers I am uncertain how a receivers decoding will benefit you for movies in stereo config, and clearly nothing for music. A lot of people on here tinker with different equipment to...
  17. MacCali

Dolby Atmos comparison: Dolby Digital Plus vs TrueHD on "The Hurting" album

Without a doubt you can hear the difference, not only in music but on movies that possesses TrueHD are for more immersive. Unfortunately I believe only some physical media actually comes with it, but again from physical media to streaming has a large jump as well. I’m already preparing to get...
  18. MacCali

Please remember, objective research shows that multi channel audio is far more difficult to blind test. When you try to double blind test movies I figure or music from multiple “source points” ie more than 2, it’s harder to differentiate which unit is best. However on stereo it’s the opposite...
Top Bottom