Search results

1. watchnerd

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (TV)

Our biggest screen is a 55" TV on the fireplace mantle. So not very big.
  2. watchnerd

BitTorrent
  3. watchnerd

I can stream 4K already, so why?
  4. watchnerd

I can't even play physical digital media of any format. Not only do I have no DVD player, my computers don't even have optical drives.
  5. watchnerd

My son bought a cassette deck!

Why should I be weeping? Looks pretty cool to me.
  6. watchnerd

Electrostatic speakers?

When I moved to my new sea side house this June, I took my old ML Sequels sitting in my shed to the dump.
  7. watchnerd

Tile vs Carpet / Isolation Feet vs Spikes

Moved to a new house last week and finally set up the stereo. The primary listening / living room has carpet. Last house had tile. Speaker stands have Iso Acoustics 'de-coupling' feet with an soft rubbery compound that acted like a suction cup on tile floors and dampened vibration. New house...
  8. watchnerd

That's how one ensures younger generations never get interested in the lore and it all dies off.
  9. watchnerd

I'm up to Season 1, Ep. 7 and liking it very much
  10. watchnerd

Maple Wood: Improves Your Sound

OMG no! Maybe I need to put the WAPs on maple.
  11. watchnerd

Ethernet cables? What would I even have those for? What year is this?
  12. watchnerd

What kind of vibration matters in a streaming-based system, anyway?
  13. watchnerd

I have organically grown, native seaside vine and big leaf maple that is decades old. I'd be willing to have things fabricated to sell to ASR members at a 30% discount to those prices. ;)
  14. watchnerd

Class A Solid State vs Class A Tubes?

So is that a 'yes' or a 'no'? Sounds like you're saying 'yes, you should expect an audible difference', depending on the circuit.
  15. watchnerd

Class A Solid State vs Class A Tubes?

If operated within their optimal operating envelope, should one expect an audible difference between solid state class A and tube class A into real world, non-pathological speaker loads?
  16. watchnerd

Let's talk about food!

I love Szechuan food, but it always makes my ass burn more than any other cuisine.
  17. watchnerd

Let's talk about food!

I always thought chili oil fish and mabou tofu were the most widely known Szechuan dishes. Maybe also dan dan mein.
  18. watchnerd

Dynaudio Heritage Special

I didn't fill the stands. I have them on a tile floor and the GAIA feet act almost like suction cups, so there isn't a lot of vibration.
  19. watchnerd

IsoAcoustics GAIA II feet: https://isoacoustics.com/home-audio-isolation-products/gaia-series/
  20. watchnerd

It wouldn't look retro / heritage in grey oak, though.
Top Bottom