Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of Sony UDA-1 DAC & Amp

I am personally most interested in seeing measurements of the TA-ZH1ES, which is Sony's desktop version of their S-Master HX (found in their portable DAPs), which is basically a bipolar PWM direct digital-to-amplified analog converter. Such a DAC is obviously highly susceptible to high-speed...
  2. C

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

Continuing the list, I think the following would also be good: Bluetooth 5.0/LDAC compatible send/receive features on the IQ, and add simple play/pause, forward/reverse track playback controls to the unit, so that streaming playback can be controlled on both the streaming transmitter (probably...
  3. C

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

I'd like to see SMSL continue to improve on its existing mobile products: 2nd generation IQ: Because of its charge pump circuit design, the 9018Q2C has its limitations with respect to noise floor, even in the dual mono configuration of the IQ. The PCB can probably be optimized for better...
  4. C

Review and Measurements of Audirect Beam and AQ Dragonfly

Wow, the Beam is really disappointing. I'm so sorry for having suggested it to you in the first place, @amirm And here I thought even a monkey couldn't screw up one of these SoC chipsets... I was wrong.
  5. C

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Word on the street is that the Odyssey has high output impedance? Guessing it just uses voltage output off a DAC, with no current buffer.
  6. C

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

I would be curious to see measurements of the Colorfly BT-C1. It's another one of those smartphone DACs --- the ES9311 used in this model is probably overflow stock from BBK Vivo the smartphone company. It represents the latest iteration of ESS SoCs, along the lines of the SABRE9018Q2C, ES9118...
  7. C

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

Looking forward to seeing the results! I hope it does well. I think these fully-integrated ICs might just be the way to go for these tiny DACs. It's nice to see the trickle down effect of the smartphone market raising the bar for audio. Oh, totally forgot about that one! And it seems like it's...
  8. C

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

A small Chinese company called Audirect has an interesting thumb-sized USB DAC called the Audirect Beam. Earlier this year, they offered a thumb-sized DAC called the Whistle, which utilized the same SABRE9018Q2C integrated DAC/amplifier IC found in the SMSL iDEA. The Beam uses the ES9118, which...
Top Bottom