Search results

1. MajorMajorMajorMajor

DSP in Separates System

Hi All, I have a friend who has a system that goes like this: Streamer - > Schiit Modius (DAC) > Schiit Freya+ (PreAmp) > Mono-block Schiit Tyr (Amps) > MartinLogan 60XTi He wants to add a subwoofer. I told him that if he wants to do that, he probably needs to implement some kind of room...
  2. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Lossless Audio

Is this on here already? This video seems pretty great... It talks about why you don't need anything better than 16-bit audio for playback. Any thoughts?
  3. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Schiit Vidar 2 Monoblocks

Hi, My friend has connected a Freya+ to 2 Vidar amps, and each and is connected to a MartinLogan 60XTi Speaker. The Pre Amp is set on the differential gain tube setting (maybe you guys could clarify those settings for me? Schiit didn’t respond.) The amps are in the “Mono” configuration. When...
  4. MajorMajorMajorMajor

SMSL DO200 Alternative

Hi All, I need an alternative one-or-two piece DAC/streaming system with balanced outputs, Coaxial in and Bluetooth capability. Do you have any options? I bought the SMSL DO200 MKII and when playing on Bluetooth it cut out so badly, making a static noise, and then wasn't connecting. Then the...
  5. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Will this DAC work with this DVD player?

Hi All, I really appreciate everyone on here as you have been extremely helpful with my system. I'm helping a friend out and what we are trying to do is have a CD player with a balanced output, but also bluetooth and other types of streaming ability. Emotiva has a balanced out CD player, but...
  6. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Bass Peaks and Dips

Hi All, If you look at the attached, you’ll see a frequency sweep I ran up to about 3k on my system, listening form the listening position. You’ll see that there is a dip around 75hz (anticipated, I can correct,I think), and a peak at around 200hz. Does anyone else have this problem of a...
  7. MajorMajorMajorMajor

A Hi-Fi Sob Story

Let me tell you a little story. Over a year ago, I bought myself a pair of MartinLogan 40is. I was happy to get them, as I purchased them in mint condition for $500/ea. I dared not look at the 60XTis as they were so expensive, even though they’re kind of what I would have loved to have. Fast...
  8. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Splitting Frequencies

Hi, I have a 2.1 system connected to a Denon X2300W. The speakers go down to about 40 hz, and about down to 32 hz resonant frequency, or something like that. So, I added this subwoofer to get below 40 hz. The thing is, I don't WANT it to play above 40hz. I like the way the speakers perform...
  9. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Sound Treatment in. Rapt Situation

Hi All, I bought myself some acoustic panels to put up on the ceiling of my tiny listening space.I was thinking to put them aligned with the speakers (not on the speaker axis but just aligned in terms of left to right if you’re facing the speakers -that is they won’t be mounted at an angle)...
  10. MajorMajorMajorMajor

What is this song?

I recently heard Ellie Goulding "By The End of the Night" and there is a hook at the beginning that sounds like a song I've heard. Almost like it's at the tip of my tongue and it's bothering me so much. It's like an 80s hook. Does anyone know the song!?
  11. MajorMajorMajorMajor

How to Tell if I Screwed Up my Speakers

Hi All, For a while now, I'm wondering if I screwed up my tweeters. Let me explain. I dated a girl a while back, in October, and I brought her home. We were listening to music by streaming from my iPad, and she told me she has like 20% hearing in one ear and 80% in another. So I said, well...
  12. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Equipment versus Room/Setup

Hi All, tl;dr @ bottom I started my hifi journey sometime around 2020 by purchasing a pair of Klipsch bookshelves. As I bought those, I also purchased some room treatment. The room treatment really made a difference in imaging to me, and so did how I placed the speakers on soundstage. Now...
  13. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Cable Management and Power Conditioning

Hi All, I recently upgraded my system with new speakers and I wanted to know whether there are some simple cable management things I should do to improve my setup. My setup is in my signature. Some notes: The speakers are bi-amped from a Denon X2300W receiver. The DAC is located near the...
  14. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Newbie Room Question

Hi All, My question regards room acoustics where one side of the room is missing a wall. I think many people have this, where the room is an open-floor plan and you have one side that opens into another space. For me, that's the left side. Also, As you can see in the photo, the first surface...
  15. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Noticeable Differences with Dedicated Power USB?

I have a Schiit Modius and I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a difference between having the DAC run on USB power from the computer versus using the dedicated USB power in addition to the USB connection to the computer? Personally, I think there is a difference when I've listened to it...
Top Bottom