Search results

1. G

Uptone ISO Regen Review and Measurements

I can see that now. Thank you.
  2. G

More power to them (as long as they give me the usual discounts).
  3. G

Yes , the difference was subtle. It wasn't as dramatic as some reviewers described. It wasnt like night and day. The main thing the SoTM made the Mytek sound more detailed and analog-like, more vinyl-like. I know not everyone into that sort of sound. There are other benefits , but I already went...
  4. G

... and then what? What if that test proves that the SoTM improvement isn't real? You do know what happens next, right? I will have to return it and get something even more expensive and repeat the test again. Then again. It may all end up with a $80,000 DCS stack , god forbid. Thank you very...
  5. G

Your argument is "I can't explain why would it possibly sound better with the SoTM, therefore it doesn't. To you (me)" Think about that for a second... Regarding the Kool Aid. I wish there was more in that bowl.
  6. G

Thanks, everyone, for pointing out that ISO Regen may be of limited value with a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+. I stumbled on this forum to research the benefits before buying one and RayDunzl told me to read up on the AMirR's measurement in the beginning of this thread. I got an SoTM tx-USBultra instead...
  7. G

I agree, no reason. Regarding the networking option. I have no use for it. The DAC is connected directly to the PC by a long USB cable run. I dont even use DLNA. All hirez music, including 192khz 24bit or DSD files, are down converted by Jriver to 48Khz 32bit. That is intentional. Most people...
  8. G

Another thing is that Amirm tested with an older version of the Mytek Brooklyn DAC. Mine is a DAC+ - improved analog stage, newer chip, etc.
  9. G

Outstanding, thank you. I am new here, still learning, sorry. Reading that post. And thank you very much for pointing that out, you saved me time and money. I could always return the ISO Regen, but would have lost around $20 on the shipment, not counting the time.
  10. G

Boy, am I glad you replied before I hit "Buy" on the Uptone site , with an ISO Regen in my shopping cart. So, what you are saying there is nothing to gain from an addition of an ISO Regen to the chain? And no, I am not trying to fix any particular problem with the Mytek. It is as solid as a DAC...
  11. G

Yes. Why? Is there anything wrong with that combo?
  12. G

Sorry, made a mistake. Zone 1 is 12V, Zone 2 is 9V as the picture shows.
  13. G

Hi. I just joined to ask a question in this specific thread. What is the voltage and the size of Uptone ISO Regen? Here is my situation. I have a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ being powered by an external ultra low noise linear power supply Keces P-8 . The Keces has two independent power zones...
Top Bottom