Search results

1. Darkscience

FS: Benchmark Media DAC3 B + HPA4 Combo

The DAC3 is sold! HPA4 - $2800 + Shipping Cost
  2. Darkscience

I would be willing too, send me a private message and we can discuss. I am away from home the next couple days though just FYI.
  3. Darkscience

Bump, save money if you are in the market for any part of this setup.
  4. Darkscience

I'd be willing to work with you, send me a PM with what you want and we can discuss further. Thanks
  5. Darkscience

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Sorry just noticed your msg. I went with the elite for surrounds and love them. In my case R200 would be total overkill for surrounds. The elite sound perfect.
  6. Darkscience

Mint Condition: I have sold here before, everything will be packed professionally so it arrives perfect. $4000.00 + free shipping Thanks for looking!
  7. Darkscience

FS: RME ADI-2 PRO FS R $1800 - Free Shipping

SOLD!!! I am trying to figure out how to change title...
  8. Darkscience

Is the Benchmark AHB2, in mono mode, really better than my Mark Levinson No. 536 monoblocks?

For what it is worth to anyone discussing this topic, I recall a conversation I had with Benchmark support, (I forget the guys name who helped me, he is the only one I have ever talked too when calling them), were I was told that running 2-AHB2 bridged will not improve my sound unless the amp is...
  9. Darkscience

FS: RME ADI-2 PRO FS R $1800 - Free Shipping

I am changing the price to $1600 + Free USA Shipping. It is in mint condition, it has been sitting in its original box in a climate controlled closet. PM me if you have questions or want to talk about it. Thanks!
  10. Darkscience

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I agree with you. Not sure how much of a secret it is, but I use it as a Streamer, DAC, Room Correction, Roon Endpoint and a Pre-Amp device all in one and it performs great at all of those. The only issue I had was trying to figure out what miniDSP device model I needed, when they come out with...
  11. Darkscience

Is the Benchmark AHB2, in mono mode, really better than my Mark Levinson No. 536 monoblocks?

Off topic but while we are on analogies. If you like Star Wars, when a friend of mine saw my AHB2 amp, he said it looked like the amp Vader would own. Which ironically enough is exactly why I love how it looks, stealth black with the blue and red led. Anyways off topic here, but really its a...
  12. Darkscience

Don't quote me here but I believe something about zero 2nd and 3rd? harmonic distortion. I forget, but basically it is the cleanest, distortion free, noise free signal you can feed a pair of speakers with. It would not surprise me if someone does not immediately like the AHB2, it is next level...
  13. Darkscience

Having owned the AHB2 I do not think I will ever want to own another amp. It is a thing of beauty and the sound is crystal clean with my Cornwall, I can turn it up as loud as I want and never hear a hint of hiss or distortion. Idk how to describe dynamics but I have never made the amp clip so I...
  14. Darkscience

are tower speakers necessary in 2022?

To reply directly to the title, yes there is a need for floor standers in 2022, absolutely. I can't imagine a world where we all decide we rather have speakers on stands in our living rooms, really makes no sense to think that. I also rarely, (if ever?), see bookshelf speakers that come with...
Top Bottom