Search results

1. Yevhen

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

The design looks clean and all these compartments/walls give you a feel of good isolation between the boards. But from a technical (and environmental) point of view, this milled box is sad to look at: a waste of aluminum and time for CNC machining just to justify the 10K price tag...
  2. Yevhen

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

And and significantly improve THD!
  3. Yevhen

Streamer w/EQ recommendations

Do you know if I can stream directly from my Deezer app via "cast" button to WiiM and have the EQ active? I like the native Deezer app. In the past, I used Bluesound app, but it show me Deezer recommendations etc.
  4. Yevhen

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Did someone try their open back IEMs with the planar driver? I have a problem walking with the closed back - they are making the noise after every step, like when touching the hoodie or when the wire swings back and forth...
  5. Yevhen

Weiss DAC205 DAC Review

It seems like the charge pump filter in PLL is set too narrow
  6. Yevhen

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

Can someone explain how a 0.2mm bondwire between the die and chip package can provide "a more delicate instrumental tone" in a system with tens of meters of wires?
  7. Yevhen

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

So, do they use the Cu or Au bondwires? I can imagine that they want to match the Cu bondwires with Cu leads to minimize the passive intermodulation (PIM). But on the die side, connections are not done with Cu anyway (something like titanium–tungsten and aluminum–copper sandwiches)...
  8. Yevhen

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

I couldn't find the exact damping factor of Quad 303, however many mention that it was very low. Probably, it was still better than the tube amp...
  9. Yevhen

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

Maybe it was optimeTaking into account the impedance curve, the amplitude response of the speaker/amp lineup Maybe it was optimized to work together with the tube amplifier? Taking into account the impedance curve, the amplitude response of the speaker/amp lineup would be more linear. So the...
  10. Yevhen

Purifi SPK5 Speaker Review (Prototype)

Ah, I don't think I like harmonics at all. Would never add them on purpose. What I feel is that the 2nd harmonic in Wavecor represents some kind of soft compression. Similar to what you have in guitar tube amp compared to the transistor push-pull. Or AlNiCo guitar speakers. The excessive energy...
  11. Yevhen

Yes, I've already tested it. The purifi drivers have lower THD in general, but the 3rd harmonic is dominant at some low frequencies. My second setup 7" Wavecors have a bit higher THD but mostly because of the 2nd harmonic. So the bass feels much fattier and satisfying
  12. Yevhen

The passive radiator might sound differently. I should have probably tried it, but didn't want to take a risk and added a 12" sub instead to cover the first octave 20-40Hz.
  13. Yevhen

The bass is a bit dry but very fast, especially when I plug the ports. Highs are gentle, not tiring. Lately I noticed that I probably prefer mid-bass drivers with higher second harmonic: Wavecor, Scanspeak
  14. Yevhen

I am satisfied, but now looking for something else. I posted a detailed feedback at HiFiCompass PuriWave page
  15. Yevhen

I made PuriWave in a vented box
  16. Yevhen

DIY Speaker Architecture for a Home Office in the Attic

Great suggestions, I do have UMIC-1 and REW. Will definitely do that. I'm not very experienced with REW, but I think it should have an option to split up the direct signal and early reflections. I think these early references causing the muddiness in high mids. And the flour and ceiling bounce...
  17. Yevhen

I also noticed, that with placing speakers closer to the sloped wall, the upper mids sound much dirtier. Is it because of the directivity errors? Would the single point source help in this case?
  18. Yevhen

Thanks guys. I just read that the open baffle speakers perform better at the 1/3 of the room length. So, in the 7m room I should have placed them at 2.3m from the wall. I tried to move my ported speakers to this point, but didn't notice any significant difference. Do you think that the open...
Top Bottom