Search results

1. S

JDS Labs EL DAC II Review

Unlikely you would hear any difference. I would buy based on features, cost, etc.
  2. S

JDS Labs EL DAC II Review

Between the two, the EL Dac is the only one that has a coax spdif input if that matters to you. Edit: and there is an optional Bluetooth module you can get with the EL Dac, not offered with the Atom.
  3. S

Toslink switch and TosLink/Coaxial SPDIF converter - Review and measurements

I'm curious about what prompted you to replace the Inday switcher, apart from the size difference?
  4. S

Why are there no female Audiophiles?

I've had similar experiences. I'm thinking there might be too much over analysis in this thread. While I don't think it's true that there are no female audiophiles, check out the Audio Belle on YouTube as well as on the business end with Sherri at Geshelli, I think for the most part audio is...
  5. S

Why are there no female Audiophiles?

Why no female audiophiles? I don't care. If anything I wish there were more men involved in it, because in my reality out in the real world I'm the ONLY one who's into this hobby. For me, more men involved would make awkward social situations go more smoothly. It would be nice to regularly...
  6. S

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

Out of curiosity, which chip did you choose, the AKM or the ESS?
  7. S

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

Below are some specs for the Hypex compared to an NAD amp. NAD specifies 340 watts at 4 ohm 20Hz to 20 kHz at the rated THD of 0.005% both channels driven. That's pretty clear to me and I'd expect the amp to give that power without going into protection or blowing up. Historically with NAD you...
  8. S

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

To clarify, did the review unit not have protection or it did, but if failed to work properly?
  9. S

SMLS C200 Stops Working When I Remove My Headphones

What!? Amir has a swinging golf club panther for this in his review. Isn't that like his Academy Award?? And, and there are 232 votes saying this thing is great!! And all because of Amir's swinging club panther thingie! Surely that mean it's worth buying? Right?! You can't be implying that...
  10. S

Topping DX3pro+ for connecting headphones to LG C2

The TV might be able to handle it. If not, you'll get either silence or an unpleasant static noise in which case you would probably need to switch to PCM on your other devices.
  11. S

Topping DX3pro+ for connecting headphones to LG C2

But you may need to set your TV to output PCM audio for the optical out. The Topping won't handle Dolby Digital.
  12. S

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

No. Their mulitbit and tube options, typically dumped on here, are still being made. Schiit was just being savvy. They saw the response here and decided to tap into the objectivist segment of the market with the Heresy. Just like BJC is being savvy with those cables for the subjectivist crowd...
  13. S

To YOU it's rubbish. I don't think regulars here would claim a tube amp is anything other than crap based on SINAD. But some people prefer them. That's OK. Choice is good. Dogma on the other hand...
  14. S

That you don't have to buy. Not every buying decision centers around SINAD score. Sometimes a little bling is nice even if you know it doesn't change the sound. Having a choice is a good thing.
  15. S

I'm aware of the reputation. Some of the comments here just look like hypocrisy. What exactly is wrong with them tapping into that segment of the market?
  16. S

Sure. You don't like this one product. OK. I agree it looks like a dud. But BJC has been a mainstay for those that want a good cable at reasonable cost. They still appear to offer those options. So I think the comments seemingly going scorched earth on BJC over this transformer seem extreme.
  17. S

Exactly. That's the point. Before, Schiit had a bad rap around here. Then comes Heresy. An amp with great measurements that appeals to the segment of the market that posts here at ASR. But that's ok. Just not the reverse apparently in the case of BJC.
  18. S

So despite BJC making reasonable cables for years, and continuing to do so, this tanks the whole enterprise for you? Gotcha. What do you recommend instead?
  19. S

What's wrong with tapping into another segment of the market? I seem to recall comments here about Schiit doing the same, but in reverse with the Heresy. Making an amp enthusiasts who post here would buy. You know, good measurements and all. ;)
  20. S

OLLO S5X Headphone Review

This is something I think has been completely glossed over in the review. It seems clear Rok is passionate and committed to his products and not intending them to be throw away at all. Not many audio companies in my experience that really back what they sell and want the customer to be...
Top Bottom