Search results

1. Y

MacBook 2019 internal DAC to external DAC

How would something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085XPRSGM affect the overall performance/sound? Would there be any improvements? Would it perhaps lessen the quality? Or simply no changes? Thanks.
  2. Y

A lot of new ideas to consider here. Originally, I was considering the FiiO K3 because it gives me the i) option of having a higher bitrate and the AKM DAC chip in the K3 and also the ii) option of bypassing not only the MacBook DAC + K3 DAC but accessing the Cirrus Logic DAC chip in the...
  3. Y

Unfortunately, MacBooks have discontinued any digital signal out.
  4. Y

Thanks, that is quite helpful. My current setup is: MacBook Pro 2019 (Tidal) > AUX-RCA cable > Marantz PM6006. The Marantz amp has an internal DAC but not sure if its possible to get a digital signal via the Macbook to the Marantz (certainly not with my current AUX>RCA cable). Is there an...
  5. Y

I thought so, So how do I access my external DAC - in the most efficient way - via computer streaming from Tidal?
  6. Y

Right, I thought so. So now, I want to purchase and external DAC, one that is superior to the DAC in the MacBook. Now, how do I go about bypassing the MacBook (or iPhone) DAC - in the most efficient way - and using my external DAC?
  7. Y

Stupid question. I hope I word this right/make sense. If I understand correctly, the MacBook Pro 2019 no longer offers a digital output. The ports on the MacBook (USB-C and AUX) send out analogue signal already decoded from the internal MacBook DAC, Correct? So, sending an analogue signal to...
Top Bottom