Search results

1. Ardacer

Diy speaker design tips/guide

I'll update this post as I have time, with images and text. Whoever wishes to contribute in any way, please do. Most generally, there are 2 main ways one can go about this to achieve similar results - that is, good sound. 1) make everything from few components of really high quality 2)...
  2. Ardacer

J99 TWS bluetooth "somethings"

So I was buying cheap class D amps from aliexpress for my projects, and this thing pops up. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004617237302.html (I have no affiliation with aliexpress or with tws or j99 or whatever) It looked interesting, reasonably well built, magnets snap them into box...
  3. Ardacer

20-20k "omni" IB active 5-way build. Relativelly affordable.

Title says it all. This will be a build in progress. It absolutelly should have a completely perfect and uniform dispersion, very low thd, very, very low imd through the whole range. It will be built in a wall, left and right to the tv. I expect the left channel to be about 6db max reinforced...
  4. Ardacer

Stax l700 measured with EARS and REW

Cambridge audio DACMagic100 into STAX SRM-313. Frequency responses (R and L). They don't change that much on repositioning while maintaining a proper seal. Raw, not compared to any standard / goal. Distortion at high listening levels. It's not properly scaled in dBa's or any sort of absolute...
  5. Ardacer

My speaker design plans for 4way OB full range dipoles - free

I'm giving my 4 way OB full range dipole design for free under the "do whatever you want with this" licence. This one, from the thread with measurements and all: You would need: SB23MFCL45-4 8x SB12NMNRX2-25-4 2x SB23NBACS45-4 2x SB26STCN-C000-4 4x This is quite expensive. The designs...
  6. Ardacer

My waf dipole speaker design. Waffle.

This is the first, very crude mock-up of how my full range dipole design transducer might and probably will look. First measure is in cm, the other is in inches. All 16 of the drivers and amps are on their way. Full vibration cancelling in the sub box. No rocking the neighbors or resonances in...
  7. Ardacer

Finally done with amps for my lx521 build

Finally done with amps. Big box is 4 channels for the lower part of lx521, small packed box is 6 channels for the upper part.
  8. Ardacer

My Star Wars journey, lets say. Spoilers, beware.

Some thoughts on the last Star Wars movie. Spoilers, so beware. I was that kid that watched every SW movie for a bazillion times. Annoyed everyone with it. A very passionate fan, stupidly so. It was my childhood. I even liked the prequels. Well, attack of the clones was a bit weak, revenge of...
  9. Ardacer

E14 1:1 600:600 cheap transformers, some measurements

I've bought 10 of these for next to nothing from ebay. I needed cheap ground loop killers for my HT 7.2 setup using KRK monitors. I've measured some other transformers I had at home for subs (I'll connect my diy subs into the whole mess) - strange and interesting results. I have yet to install...
  10. Ardacer

lx521 build done, amps next

11. Ardacer

Problem with android audio

It's me again. I promise I'm not trolling, I'm working on my audio bunk atm so there are weird things that baffle me. I really appreciate your inputs. So I've made an android tablet (tab xperia z) into my streaming center, connected an optical cd/dvd to it, a rtlsdr for fm and dab+ radios, mhl...
  12. Ardacer

Balanced ground loops

So I've been told by some friends that balanced interconnects take care of ground loops. In my experience, no they don't. Only usb isolators, spdif transformers or optical will cut it. Am I doing something wrong? bonus pic
  13. Ardacer

Hi there

Hello. I was searching for a community such as this one. I tried hydrogenaudio, but that place seems dead + they are way to serious about everything - I like subjective reviews as well, if they are understood for what they are. Otherwise none of this makes any sense. I actually saw the schiit...
Top Bottom