Search results

1. S

Perfect Speaker Placement - Put next to the back wall as much as possible.

Hello, I happen to find an good article about the ideal speaker placement. (Easiest version without numbers & formulas that I can’t honestly understand :D) I’d like to share. Personally I find two things interesting. 1) Only use 40% of the room area (38% rule) 2) Put the speaker as close...
  2. S

Does Step-up Transformer affect the sound quality?

Hello, I find an interesting DAC oversea, and want to use it at home. (US) I’m wondering if using Step-down transformer affect Sound Quality. Here are the specification. 1) DAC - Power Supply: Factory set to either 100-120. 220-240V AC 50/60Hz (It is set for 220-240V, with Type F consent...
  3. S

Good ol’ honest engineering - the world best cd transport from years ago

While I was researching about CD transport, (I just want one.) I happen to find interesting article in unpextected place - Lampizator’s old website. (Not the new one) I just got here by random google search. Little back ground story is - I was looking for CD transport for fun, so I find things...
  4. S

IPhone/IPad - why do I need camera adapter to connect to DAC?

When to connect latest iPhone / iPad (Lightning connection / USB-C connection) to external DAC, why do I need a camera adapter? (Unless I want to charge the device while listening) Can I just use one of following without a camera adapter? 1) Lightning to USB A (if the external DAC has USB A...
  5. S

Point of higher priced streamer?

Hello, Assuming I have separate DAC, and I just want to play songs from iPad by Airplay feature. (Playing songs from iPhone local files, not streaming services) In this case, I need a streamer to receive music from my iPad -> DAC. What’s the point of high price streamer? I’m bit surprised...
  6. S

Building Vinyl collection from now? What do you think? (Classical/Jazz Music)

For the new year 2021, one of things that I’m considering is what if I start to collect LP and have little collection? Personally, for pop music, I will go with streaming. But classics, Idagio and others seems to have a long way to go. I’ve read articles about LP sales more than CD, the future...
  7. S

Why do I hear difference between FLAC and AIFF?

First of all, I’m not a voodoo person, perfectly understand that technically both must have the same quality. Both are lose-less but FLAC is only compressed. So when I decide to rip my CDs, I first choose FLAC. Currently, I only have B&W Formation Duo speakers at home - so I use Airplay...
  8. S

DAC newbie questions / Matrix Element X model

First of all, please be generous about old fool’s first step to the digital source. I’m planning to switch to the digital source, and this site introduces me a great product like Matrix Element X. (Previously I thought that I need Lumin X1 which costs me arm and legs. This DAC/Streamer seems...
  9. S

Buzzing noise from the headphone?

Hello, I got marantz hd-1 amp for a headphone. I connect iPhone by using the cable to it. When the volume is low, no songs played, I can hear buzing noise. Zzzzzing - kind of noise low pitch Once I play the music, the noise seems to go away. What might be the cause and how can I fix it...
  10. S

What is the best way to play music with DAC/wireless?

Hello, I (an old fool just getting out from cd) have basic questions for digital format. I have Aiff format songs stored in Mac/iPad/iPhone. I play them by using app called Flacbox. My question is, what is the best way to play these song? 1) DAC - Amp This is my basic idea, for example...
Top Bottom