Search results

1. S

Perfect Speaker Placement - Put next to the back wall as much as possible.

Hello, I happen to find an good article about the ideal speaker placement. (Easiest version without numbers & formulas that I can’t honestly understand :D) I’d like to share. Personally I find two things interesting. 1) Only use 40% of the room area (38% rule) 2) Put the speaker as close...
  2. S

Does Step-up Transformer affect the sound quality?

Hello, I find an interesting DAC oversea, and want to use it at home. (US) I’m wondering if using Step-down transformer affect Sound Quality. Here are the specification. 1) DAC - Power Supply: Factory set to either 100-120. 220-240V AC 50/60Hz (It is set for 220-240V, with Type F consent...
  3. S

Good ol’ honest engineering - the world best cd transport from years ago

While I was researching about CD transport, (I just want one.) I happen to find interesting article in unpextected place - Lampizator’s old website. (Not the new one) I just got here by random google search. Little back ground story is - I was looking for CD transport for fun, so I find things...
  4. S

IPhone/IPad - why do I need camera adapter to connect to DAC?

When to connect latest iPhone / iPad (Lightning connection / USB-C connection) to external DAC, why do I need a camera adapter? (Unless I want to charge the device while listening) Can I just use one of following without a camera adapter? 1) Lightning to USB A (if the external DAC has USB A...
  5. S

Point of higher priced streamer?

I use USB... and I am not sure that clock thing can also generate audible (even a slightest bit, talking about audiophile grade difference) difference. I’m little bit surprised when there is no reliable simple good streamer only in the market... closet one is Node2i. Interesting thing is one of...
  6. S

Thank you. As I mentioned, one importer told me that better ones send “cleaner“ data packet. :rolleyes: (... A**ender dealer) Features, better app, casing, hypes, just playing to be unobtainable etc - all of these I understand.
  7. S

Hello, Assuming I have separate DAC, and I just want to play songs from iPad by Airplay feature. (Playing songs from iPhone local files, not streaming services) In this case, I need a streamer to receive music from my iPad -> DAC. What’s the point of high price streamer? I’m bit surprised...
  8. S

Building Vinyl collection from now? What do you think? (Classical/Jazz Music)

Thank you for the device recommendation, though I will start with something more approachable to really ensure this is what I think. Deutschegrammophon‘s recent LP only release was interesting because I didn’t care about the market trend for years. As you mentioned, due to techical short...
  9. S

Again, I was asking about the industry trend. Who thinks LPs have better sound quality than Digital... It’s about having a different fun perspective.
  10. S

Thank you for the advice. I tried music services focused on classical music such as Idagio and Primphonic. Both are better than other pop-based streaming services. The problem is they still have many short comings, and the price is not stable. The quality is also still same as CD. I get apple...
  11. S

Deutschegrammophon recently relelased the record that I want to have in LP only. I don’t know why. Anyway that triggers my little interest. About the car, I don’t care how they make it as long as it’s fun for me in any possible way. In california, there are many porsche restoring companies with...
  12. S

That treasure hunt is not easy in the area where I live, that what I just find out due to recent increase in demand. Fortunately, unlike Jazz LPs, Classical music LPs have some breathing room and sanity left. Time to find some of old favorites.
  13. S

I’m not looking for the sound quality. (Who’s looking for the better sound with LPs nowdays anyway?) It’s like trying film camera for fun after having enough digital cameras. Bringing back some memories. Hobby is about wasting money for fun. Again like I said above, many car enthusiasts do not...
  14. S

In the 80’s I did with Cassette. I should have done with LPs. Btw after brief search I’m surprised at so called Vinyl revival, especially Jazz section. Vinyl prices are so high and demands are so strong. Discogs secondhand prices are precisely market adjusted.
  15. S

I don’t need anymore Hifi personally, though I’m not sure what Hifiwise means exactly. I have enough set up to enjoy the music, so I just want to focus on various music sources, It’s like having Porsche/Tesla/Toyota/MiniCooper/ClassicCar etc all at the same time at the garage, then enjoy...
  16. S

Will consumers buy the Dutch & Dutch 8C?

Hmm. Sort of difficult to explain in words. What I guess is, if one sells this one after purchase, then his main excuse (?, reasoning) would be he doesn’t like the design. This tells a lot.
  17. S

Will consumers buy the Dutch & Dutch 8C?

I just find this... and as a user of B&W (all in one + even streaming) Formation Duo, I remember that I‘m surprised at the sound quality - the advantage of all in one design... the designer know what they pursue and get it done in a right way. The possible problems are basically two kinds from...
  18. S

Why do I hear difference between FLAC and AIFF?

Thank you so much! I will download once I get the hotel room. I assumed that you used XLD to down-sample. It is not day and night difference, but also not that subtle as well. Once I confirm my initial assumption (that there must be something in the middle process), the trouble shooting would...
  19. S

Over wi-fi. I want to remove any kind of as much as possible. That’s the reason why I get B&W Formation Duo. B&W formation duo can only connect to 2.4GHz. I do not want to wire anything since I figure out the solution. The weird thing about my problem above is, “technically, according to B&W...
  20. S

I need to try this again and make sure again though I remember the volume is almost (not sure about 0.x db range) same. As long as different formats have different default volume values...
Top Bottom