Search results

1. W

Low Bass output playing music. Denon AVR with Nvidia streamer?

Yes I am. I do already trim up from -11.5 to -5 for every day listening, but music requires more of a bump. I also have Audyssey ignore the subs and let me mini dsp do the work.
  2. W

Low Bass output playing music. Denon AVR with Nvidia streamer?

Hoping for some conversation on this. I have a Denon 3700h and buckeye amp in my theater room and use an NVidia shield as the streaming source. I run dual HSU VTF-3 subs with a mini DSP all tuned with REW and audyssey, including a custom house curve. Movies sound fantastic. (especially with...
  3. W

The age old... What should I buy?

Now that I have finished my HT setup, I am now dreaming and planning for my first 2.1 setup. I am not sure where to get started. The only thing I have settled on so far are the Wharfedale Linton 85ths for the speakers and the Wiim mini to allow the ability to play streams from my phone and...
  4. W

RSL sub issue

New sub I don't see any way to adjust the sub output volume receiver side Plan to test directly connected this weekend.
  5. W

RSL sub issue

My friend just got an RSL speedwoofer with the wifi adapter . He is Using it with his yamaha A-S501. We noticed something bizarre. As we turned the volume louder on the receiver, initially the sub would get louder, but at about 50% volume the sub stopped getting louder and only the towers...
  6. W

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab OML-2 Loudspeakers

Does anyone have experience with these? I found a pair for $750 in the rosewood color. They look beautiful, but I can't find much about their sound. I was assume mobile fidelity sound lab would not want their name on a average speaker.
  7. W

Suggestions for my vinyl

All very valid questions and wish I was more specific in my original post. Not sure the exact dimensions of the room, but it is a medium size room that opens up to our dinning room. The room is what most consider their formal room right by the front door, so aesthetics are somewhat important...
  8. W

Suggestions for my vinyl

That's it. I have a full system that I use to use for my pioneer but that is all going to be used in my dedicated theater room now.
  9. W

Suggestions for my vinyl

My wife finally gave me the nod to install a dedicated system for my vinyl. I currently have a pioneer PL 518. I would like to keep the budget reasonable while obtaining a great sound. $2,000 - 3,000 range. Staying at or below 2k would be ideal. Want something to wound good playing a wide...
  10. W

Suggestions to Maximize sound quality in my multi-purpose room.

I am looking for direction on making the most out out of this area and have the best possible sound. This room will be multi-use. 5.2.2, 2.1 music, and just hanging out. Attached is a rough draft of how I expect it to look once we finish the build. The wall with the LCR will have a 120-150"...
  11. W

Displayport> HDMI to AVR?

Thank you. Guess I'll use the desktop for home automation and either wait until we have laptops or get a shield pro.
  12. W

These are enterprise grade HP elite desks with integrated graphics. I'd be using my media server to do all the decoding.
  13. W

I am able to get decent computers from work. The only issue is the desktops have Displayport only. Id like to use one as client for music and plex, but not sure if it work work correctly. Has anyone had luck using a DP to HDMI cable from computer to AVR and then HDMI from AVR to projector? I...
  14. W

Drowning in information on acoustics and soundproofing

I did read thag but began getting confused. I'd look to check out people's builds though.
  15. W

After I realized the difference between soundproofing and acoustics, let me ask you this. Since all my bedrooms are on the second floor and the HT will be basement, I am not too concerned with sound isolation as long as I can keep the sound in the kids rooms to a acceptable level. My biggest...
  16. W

Great info. This is really helping due to space/time/money constraints I would likely do something in the Level 2 range with the Furring channel and clips. A few questions I have for you. Do you have additional resources oon what to do with ventilation, outlets, lighting, ect? Also, If a...
  17. W

Great resource. This really helps visualize things. Thank you!
  18. W

What is meant by double studs? Two right next to each other for added support?
  19. W

I have began to read and read the information on various forums on acoustics and soundproofing and I found myself more overwhelmed than I was before. I can appreciate a lot of the information and plan to better understand it all in the future, but to be honest a lot of it was over my head at...
  20. W

Emotiva BasX A-300 vs AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC

Great. I am now leaning towards the audiophonics
Top Bottom