Search results

1. S

How to compare speakers by specs for noobs?

So im just getting into hi-fi and Im having to compare speakers as I'm mainly buying online. How does one measure that one speaker might be better than another speaker? I understand checking sensitivity and making sure that 'generally, more power the better', but apart from checking sensitivity...
  2. S

Speaker matching power education/recommendations for a novice

My issue is that I bought a budget range av receiver Pioneer VSX 534 and now I need a speaker. I'm looking for a pair of budget tower speakers but confused on what I should be aiming for power wise. I've just recently got into hifi and before posting here I did go to Google but got lost in...
  3. S

Recommendations for AVR that's good with music too?

So as per the title looking for an AVR that sounds great with music. I had a really old second hand cheap AVR that I bought from eBay for $250 US from a company called Sherwood (RD 705i), I don't think they have any credibility but the amp sounded amazing (for me) with everything that I threw...
  4. S

A question for all former Yamaha RX-V### owners: Sound wise what AVR did you sidegrade/upgrade to?

TLDR: I'm a budget audio buyer who owns a Yamaha RX-V475 AVR, I'm looking for another AVR brand that has a different sound to the 'Yamaha sound' (if that's even a thing?) so wondering if former Yamaha RX-V### owners have any suggestions? I've always bought budget HIFI setups because that's what...
Top Bottom