Search results

1. EXIF68

Happy Eastern

Hello Folks, wish you all Happy Eastern and a few days of calm down and good sound therefore. This days I have recovered my old Tube Amp, 25 years old in the meantime, equipped with a new set of tubes, a matched pair of TAD KT88 „red socket“ and a Quartett of 7022 tubes (also TAD) in a SRPP...
  2. EXIF68

High End Amplifier from Elektor with perfect measurements “Fortissimo 100”

Hello forum, the german electronics magazine Elektor has released an ultra high end power amplifier for all diy electronic hobbyists. Take a look to this: https://www.elektor.de/elektor-fortissimo-100-power-amplifier-kit#description what do you think about this system? greetings, Walter
  3. EXIF68

System Audio Pandion 50 Speaker

Hello Fourm, does anybody know something about this speaker here: https://system-audio.com/de/product/sa-pandion-50/ The reason why I'm asking is: I could get a used pair in very good conditions for 1/3 of the retailed price. And so the question is: Is it worth? How will it sound in a small...
  4. EXIF68

I'm in audiophile heaven: STAX SR009-S with Headphone Amp SRM-007tII

Hello Folks, this time i have the big honor to listen to this very special setup. And what should i say? Sound is absolutely amazing. From bass to treble more than perfect and reproduction of voices is incredible realisitc. You think you are sitting on the best place in the auditorium. There is...
  5. EXIF68

Loudspeaker Stands not high enough? What to do?

Hello Folks, I think you know that I am listening to a comparable small speaker in the last time. This speaker is placed on an older "self made" speaker stand. the problem is that this stands are not high enough for tweeter on ear position. all together 15cm too tall. Here is the situation as...
  6. EXIF68

CDP out of time or not? Is it worth to get a new one?

Hello Forum, i have a small question bc. my older Sony CDP 707ES is going to be out of order. The internal DAC in the Sony CDP is not working any more, it is only possible to operate the CDP by digital output (F/O or Coaxial). The Transport itself is also at the end of its lifetime. The...
  7. EXIF68

MRR Mini Monitor Ribbon - The perfect directivity?

Hello Forum, a few yeras ago i have build this speaker heree, a very special design and is in use for my "Home-Theater", that means this system is responsiblbe for the perfect sound from the Flat-TV. The system is called "Mini Monitor Ribbon" from the german DIY-Magazine "Hobby HiFi". This...
  8. EXIF68

The Benchmark DAC2-D Adventure

Hello Forum, this summer I was looking for a 2nd DAC because my older on has to go to the living room and support there the Flat-TV with its digital output. This was an excellent Benchmark DAC1 (The Original). After a few seeking in 2nd hand sources I found a really cheap Benchmark DAC2-D. The...
  9. EXIF68

The build of the Heissmann Acoustics DXT-MON

Hello Forum, a few months ago I decided to build the DXT-MON after studying several German forums and so on. So the problem was to get the wooden parts for the cabinet due to lack of a huge buss saw. After search for a cabinet maker in the web I found the company "Thomaier". This company sells...
Top Bottom