Search results

1. EXIF68

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

The problem is: the speaker should have a linear fequency response under all angles the amp should have a ruler flat frequency response and super low dirturbances the DAC have the same on a higher level, eg lower distor so far so good. then you as a biological individual system are comming...
  2. EXIF68

Happy Eastern

Hello Folks, wish you all Happy Eastern and a few days of calm down and good sound therefore. This days I have recovered my old Tube Amp, 25 years old in the meantime, equipped with a new set of tubes, a matched pair of TAD KT88 „red socket“ and a Quartett of 7022 tubes (also TAD) in a SRPP...
  3. EXIF68

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

They are using mirrored DAC-pcb‘s for left and right channel. That could be the reason for different harmonic spectrum in each channel.
  4. EXIF68

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Yesterday in our garden, western-Styria, Austria.
  5. EXIF68

NAD PP 2e Phono Stage Review

Such A phono stage should be powered by battery. Then 2nd harmonic at 120Hz is gone for sure.
  6. EXIF68

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

Hi Folks, if you want an usable speaker in size of a ls3/5a take a look at this one here: https://diyaudiocart.com/forum/uploads/FileUpload/a3/c8467177791e051d181564ed81031c.pdf greetings, Walter
  7. EXIF68

The build of the Heissmann Acoustics DXT-MON

I must not recall :-), I can measure it: exactly 27 Degrees. greetings, Walter
  8. EXIF68

New Buchardt P300 speakers

15mm is a Little Bit more than a newspaper. I would never Design a loudspeaker cabinet with such thin elements. This speaker will jump to the back if you turn up the volume
  9. EXIF68

New Buchardt P300 speakers

6,3kg per unit? Are they made from IKEA-Wood?
  10. EXIF68

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

Coal may be good, hot sound. but don’t use hydro power for your Hi-Fi grear: washy sound is the result. :-)
  11. EXIF68

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

The only improvement in terms of power supply for audio gear is using nuclear power plants. Then you get really deep and sub atomar base-response and very bright and radiating heights as never heard before. ;-)
  12. EXIF68

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

Wow. 7W of output power. This device is useable to replace a single ended 300B amplifier on a high efficiency speaker? White this technical data, this must be amazing. greetings, Walter
  13. EXIF68

High End Amplifier from Elektor with perfect measurements “Fortissimo 100”

Hello forum, the german electronics magazine Elektor has released an ultra high end power amplifier for all diy electronic hobbyists. Take a look to this: https://www.elektor.de/elektor-fortissimo-100-power-amplifier-kit#description what do you think about this system? greetings, Walter
  14. EXIF68

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

Hello Folks, several years ago I was "playing" with a Behringer DCX2496 in order to optimize the analog crossover for my older scanspeak-monitors "AOS Studio 24 XL" with the famous tweeter-system Scanspeak R 2904/700000 (price per unit: €420.--). I was using the DCX as an active crossover in...
  15. EXIF68

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

This is a very nice device and could’ be a replacement for my older Benchmark DAC2D. But there is one thing: Headphone output is missing. A separate headphone amp is not that part i‚m looking for. But on the other hand: the benchmark is sounding great. The data are a little bit weaker but who...
  16. EXIF68

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

The heights of ma DXT are a little too present. I have tested with the treble control on my Yamaha A-S2100. As a result of this, i will try to adjust the serial resistor in front of the tweeter a little but not much. on the other hand, the sound of the DXT MON in combination with the sub is...
  17. EXIF68

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

That is also a big part in my opinion. I’m listening more or less on or (later in the evening) about 10 degrees lower than tweeter level. my speakers mounted on massive stands that elevate the tweeters of the DXT‚s about 95cm over floor level. Tweeter level of the Linton would be on the same...
  18. EXIF68

Yes. Self made with prepared with mpx cabinets. The system is playing in a compareable small room, about 15m2 but complete open with a staiway to the 1st floor. The DXT‘s are supported by a self made Subwoofer (older Visaton TIW 250 in 40 Liter closed cabinet). Listening distance about 2,5m
  19. EXIF68

The question is: can the Linton heritage compare to my Heissmann Acoustic DXT-MON? I could get a pair of this speakers for a really good price including the original stands. but would the sound be so good to beat out my speakers?
Top Bottom