Search results

1. D

REW measurements and tips for optimization

What should I take a look at in order to see if they are effective? Waterfall decay times?
  2. D

You mean the front R corner or the surround back corner? Shouldnt bass traps optimally be stacked in the first reflection wall corner?
  3. D

there is. the pictures were taken with basstraps though see below
  4. D

Hi Pawelekdabek, I did, I did place the bass traps behind the right speaker and behind the surround right speaker in the corner, but I didnt find any differences in the above charts, shouldnt I see a shorter decay time or similar? Apologies, the Bass traps in the room are just in the middle of...
  5. D

Hi everbody, I am seeking for advice from this excellent forum and its members :) , as after reading tons of threads and testing I do not get any further to my desired goal. I am trying to use digital and room acustic enhancements to optimize the acoustic/sound of my speakers in my living...
  6. D

Lost in the jungle of suitable AVRs

I am having the same situation. You can plug it into the tv and use eARC however some TVs dont process DTS anymore, so you would give out PCM to your AVR and then use emulators like Auro-3D or NeuralX to emulate Atmos for instance.
  7. D

guys not sure if this is also the right thread for my question, but seeing the below picture I am running freq response tests for L front, R front and both at the same time. Can somebody explain to me why I have that dip at 60hz when both at the same time keep playing music when each single line...
  8. D

somewhen in 2049 when one becomes available :p:D
  9. D

Hey guys, I wanted to give you an update on my home cinema setup. What happened so far: I got the Denon X8500H which really seems to be a superb receiver, first thought about using an external amp for my fronts but with my current 5.2.2 setup I decided against because it should be sufficient...
  10. D

Thanks, to not get me wrong. its my living rooms and there is a female person with me, so placing a sub anywhere will not work :D I only have two choices: On my lowboard next to the center and behind my couch where my current one was placed. Thats why I was thinking either two or one sub in...
  11. D

which one? Front firing on my lowbord in the front or down fired behind the couch?
  12. D

Hey everbody, the denon is setup, atmos virtual height speakers are wired and all of that so that I can find out that my subwoofer is broken. I am now willing to invest in a proper (or two?) subwoofer for my room. The thing is - the current one is behind the couch and its downfiring. now I am...
  13. D

Guys, thank you so much for all of your tips and recommendations. Was very interesting to go through the evaluation process of all what is available on the market to find out that really it’s challenging in the year 2020 to find a solution without compromise, even for my low...
  14. D

Well, thanks everbody, I am actually considering the denon X8500h now after ours of reading and considerations whether to split preamp and amp or not....... One thing with regards to the X8500h: Are you saying that with any other receiver you cannot disconnect any channel individually? If I...
  15. D

Wow, thats great Input everybody. Well, if no 4:4:4 and HDR is supported I am gonna plug the PS into the TV for sure ;-) By that, could you elaborate what you mean exactly - "I can disconnect any channel individually"? Disconnect from what and connect to which device? Another Power Amp? What...
  16. D

Hi everbody, this is my first post so let me say Hi to everbody reading this thread. Appreciate your input very much as I am kinda desperate looking for a viable solution for me. I bought myself some proper Hifi Speakers (german...
Top Bottom