Search results

1. F

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

So I have a older Asus laptop and the X16 will only work over usb 2.0 it wont even show up if I plug it in the 3.0 ports. It works fine on my other non Asus laptop on all usb ports.
  2. F

Amazon music does have quite a bit of growing to do before is fully mature, but like you said its cheap for prime members. I also like the fact that the offer FLAC up to 192khz (that if found so far) for Amazon Music HD. I get Tidal free through my phone company which is why I'm using it. I...
  3. F

So I had a similar issue while using exclusive mode on Tidal and Amazon music, where the x16 will cut out and stutter. I was able to resolve this by changing the latency in the X16's driver settings. The issue I ran into was that the latency setting for tidal did not match the latency setting...
  4. F

With all these complaints popping up, can we still just take a moment to appreciate the fact that we are getting such a well measured, feature rich device without having to loose any body parts?
  5. F

Don't quote me on this but I think the X16 only does the complete unfolding of MQA if you select MQA passthrough under the more settings for the device menu in Tidal. Otherwise Tidal will do the first unfolding and the X16 will handle the rest.
  6. F

It's not too bad on the main screen but the settings menu is horrible, luckily the texts were clear and crisp. My biggest complaint is no front power button. Not a huge deal because I wont be turning it off often, but would be really annoying if it was rack mounted.
  7. F

Well first off let me start off by saying this thing feels wonderful in the hands. The feet are better than the ones on my $2500 (when new) Grace M903. It has a nice solid heft to it and feels solid. I was initially impressed by how the topping A90 felt until I touched the X16. Now the A90...
  8. F

Yeah I have been messing around with the buffer settings and man things can go bad quickly if you get it wrong. There was a hard random stop start sound when I was streaming from Amazon music HD. Then I changed it again and I started getting a random popping sound with anything I played. I...
  9. F

This may just be my headphones and in my particular situation. I also did not mean it in a negative way at all. I think my cheaper (they shall remain nameless) dac/amp combo was artificially boosting the bass. Songs were dominated by a boomy muddy bass, and the mids all but disappeared. With...
  10. F

Well first impressions are wow this thing is built like a tank. it feels heavy and solid. the screen is absolutely tiny but very clear. Slightly annoying that there isn't a power button on the front. The control wheel is fast and easy to use but a little cheap feeling. I have mine paired with...
  11. F

What's a good buffer setting for the X16 in the Gustard driver menu, and what's safe mode used for?
  12. F

That might be because your Using coax in. It does say coax does support MQA rendering but I think you need to be going through USB to get any sort of MQA unfolding. If your outputting MQA to the coax in and your getting sound in your headphones then it's obviously doing what its supposed to...
  13. F

Already have a topping A90 waiting to be paired with my X16...both in black :cool:
  14. F

The X16 does display MQA when it's playing MQA. I don't see the need to put another useless sticker on the beautiful aluminum exterior just to show that its MQA compatible.
  15. F

Thanks for the response. Where should I set the amp's volume and gain at if I'm going to use the DAC as a volume control?
  16. F

So stupid question here. Is it a bad idea to use your DAC as a volume control for your amp? My issue is I like to keep my music room pretty dark, but my topping A90 only has a simple white line as a volume indicator. There is no display or any other indication of volume other than the white...
  17. F

thanks for this great playlist if you have anymore pm me them.
  18. F

So I haven't seen anything on Tidal so far that goes above MQA 192kHz, that doesn't mean that there aren't any though. An interesting thing I've noticed is that Tidal and Amazon will have the sample rate for the same song, but Amazon does it in Flac while Tidal outputs it in MQA. Interestingly...
  19. F

Kind of wish all the manufactures would just band together and drop mqa just to teach them lesson on being too heavy handed.
Top Bottom