Search results

1. Y

Looking for an alternative to FiiO BTA30

Ok basicaly the best product for me would be a DAC headphone amplifier combo with BT transmission. THe BTA30 is the only one i know with a shanling that is very similar. I don t need many input options. At home I have the fiio paired with a DX1 from advance paris. I m looking for a bargain...
  2. Y

Any info about the Atoll Dac 200

The official price is sort of nuts, but you can get it for much less on the second hand market. It interested me because its connectivity is large (even if a BNC connector is missing), it also uses a Burr Brown chip and i consider this chip as sounding better. Reviiews, listening tests...
  3. Y

AIYIMA DAC-A6 Review (Stereo DAC)

Amir could you explain US the coding of the pink panters, i know that the golfing one means "very good". But i m sort of confused, especially with your panther collection getting larger and larger. Thanks for your work.
  4. Y

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

No i actually listened most of the rime below 12 o'clock. But i pushed to hear . I'm still recommending it for 80 euro i don't think you can get a new product that is as good, may be on the second hand market if you lucky but then it gets quite complex.
  5. Y

Anyway the A07 had lot of distorsion at high volume from the review. It tested it on Lyrr 222 from triangle in a 50m^2 room. I could push toe max volume but it was much louder than for regular usage, may be for a party ... The Lyrr have 93 db sensibility.
  6. Y

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Would love to read a review of the Advance Paris DX1 or of some Fostex. Some high end vintage Benchmark would be nice too. I don't care about DSP, MAQ or rates higher then 192. My question are : is the DX1 not better than a 100 dollar 2021 DAC? Is a 2005 benchmark DAC that was released at 2000...
  7. Y

Is that the power supply suggested by Aiyiana on their website ? It is bulky and quite ugly, hard to hide such a monster ... I almost order from Aiyiama but got it from amazon with the regular free power supply, returned it but i m thinking of getting it back this te from aiyiama but i m...
  8. Y

I can confirm that the A07 uses the standard plug 5.5x2.5mm This is from amazon description (detailed view). And you need 24-48 volts under 5 Amp or 32 under 5amp.
  9. Y

The A07 probably had the large one and your AC has the small one. Then you that adapter should work but you have to reverse it, the female must be the small one so that you plug your adapter in it and the male should be the large one which will go to the A07.
  10. Y

The plug on the A0 is quite an industrial standard so you should be able to find an adapter. Otherwise i think that any power supply delivering 24-48 volts with the right plug will work, but i do not remember the amperage, probably 8 Ampères for 48v ...
  11. Y

Today i tested the Boxem Arthur against the BC accoustic 222 using an external DAC. Huge difference, the Boxem is simply way better, no need to balance the volume or to perform A/B testing it is simp[ly obvious. I don t have the A07 anymore, i returned it but may get it back, but the match with...
  12. Y

Be careful with youtube professionals, cheapaudioman is certainly nice and funny, he probably started genuinely willing to share some of his experiences, and his way of mocking people with sponsor his entertaining. But since he started he became a pro and release his daily video about a "new"...
  13. Y

I tested it against my Boxem arthur and this little budget amp did very well, it is only on baroque music with a lot of continuous bass, very fast violins + harpsichord and flute oboe that it got into problems, but even then the Boxem has issues. I returned it since 4 amps is too much but i will...
  14. Y

RCA versus Coax , explain me that ....

Not really but we use coax and rca as shortcuts. What i don't get is why people speak about the cable impedance, for a wire impedance is always per meter and so it shoud be very close to zero (per meter) and so the impedance should be mostly the one of the two connectors. Of course you could...
  15. Y

Where would stand a 10-15 years old high device ?

Yes i m very sure i will never use the I2s connectors, i do have 96khz and some 192khz ones, i will probably never buy any, I happen to have them. Some high definition tracks sound really good but it may simply be due to a new mix (for old music) or to better recording technics (for recent...
  16. Y

Anyone tested XIANGSHENG DA- serie?

The Da06 is cheap, comes with outdated chips (AKm 4493 or 4495) but get coax, dnc, optical, usb. The phone jack is at the back of the unit and is a 2.5 (which sucks). It has two balanced out. Source selection is direct via a button, and you get a volume knob. No useless fancy features...
  17. Y

RCA versus Coax , explain me that ....

So i just need to cut my rca terminal off the coax cable and replace it by an antenna one ?
  18. Y

DAC with preamp

I would go for the one with power amp. I almost bought a D90 second hand, but asked the seller why he was reselling it. He was honest and told me that he disliked the sound and the interface. So i went for the Advance Paris Dx1 that he adviced me (it was on sale 380 euros). Be careful because...
  19. Y

Where would stand a 10-15 years old high device ?

May be this : DAC Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 with extra op amps.
  20. Y

Gustard A18 Balanced Desktop DAC Review

Yeah and an extra coax, an extra spdif in and digital bridge. And a decent interface, with as example direct buttons for source selection and a linear volume control (not and exponential one).
Top Bottom