Search results

1. C

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

As was the Brooklyn Amp. Amir tested mine here.
  2. C

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

I had the original version of this. It was a piece of junk as well.
  3. C

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I’m hesitant to reply, given the state of this conversation, but two things changed for me: I‘ve had to acknowledge that my taste may be more than a little idiosyncratic. But also, I’m sorry to say, my confidence in the value of transducer measurements - to me, given my tastes - is a bit shaken.
  4. C

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I love ASR. I love my Susvara
  5. C

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

I have an Astell&Kern that I use for walking around the house with my headphones on. If you like to do that, you might want a dap. Otherwise, for listening to iems, say, my phone works just fine.
  6. C

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

I’d love to see a test of the FiiO daps; I think the M11 is well regarded.
  7. C

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Had to get a pair. A real value for $50, but I really prefer a little more treble and a lot more detail. Still, that Crinacle knows what he’s doing.
  8. C

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Think I could run LS50s off of this?
  9. C

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Think they can be driven off a good (S9, say) phone dongle?
  10. C

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Xulonn, that’s exactly why, when Amir says he likes something that measures poorly, we might be concerned. Although I doubt he’ll make a practice of it.
  11. C

Supposed to be an ironically smiling emoji at the end of that.
  12. C

Creeping subjectivity. A slippery slope.
  13. C

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

Amir, Nice review. Thank you. But I have a question. Why is headphone frequency response compared to a preference curve, when speakers are not? Should we really care whether our headphones sound the way random strangers think they should? Thanks.
  14. C

Understanding FFT in Audio Measurements

More, please. Thank you.
  15. C

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

That’s the difference between 83 and 99 dB sensitivity. To quantify what I was complaining about, my Cayin iHA 6 is rated at 5-7 watts per channel depending on current output. With the Cayin at 50% volume, the Element X volume was usually at -20 dB. On the other hand, to get reasonable volume...
  16. C

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

Bought one to replace Cayin iha6 driving Susvara via Matrix Element X. Definitely does not output 12 watts, but is very sweet sounding and does the job, albeit at much higher volume settings than Cayin. Very musical, actually (at risk of sounding ironical).
  17. C

HEDD HEDDPhone Review (headphone)

Thanks for this useful compilation. However, for the Focal Clear, the peak/dip filter at 11,319 hz should be +2 db. (You show it as -2.).
  18. C

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Love that Nils Frahm. (Spaces is also good.) Like Harold Budd (rip) on drugs.
Top Bottom