Search results

1. izeek

recapping amps

here i go again. i bought an adcom gfa 5500. its lacking ass-end. someone here provided information that it is out of spec to due cap age. a few questions, maybe. 1. i spent 500 on it. it will cost 245 for a recap kit. then ill be in for almost 800 not counting my time. going price is 500-700...
  2. izeek

sound energy on the floor?

i not sure if im asking the right question(s). while exercising on the floor the past couple mornings i turned my system on low. usually id be wearing earbuds. the music just seemed to have so much energy and clarity at that volume right at floor level. loved it when i stood up id like to say i...
  3. izeek

two different amps sound the same?

i know this has been beat to death but i just need a lil more clarification, please. if all amps working right sound the same, why are there so many different brands/types? rhetorically, i understand capitalism. and why would i pay $5000 for one if the $500 one will sound the same? i own 3...
  4. izeek

funday sunday! listen to the hand claps in this song.

a fave of mine. to me, it sounds like a roomfull of people doing the same handclap together. didnt notice that before until my system got better.
  5. izeek

a dreaded cable question

ive been asking around and haven't gotten much of an answer. my previous set up is vertical bi-amp. all my good cables are set up that way, 4 conductors in the same sheath. can i use my bi-amp cables as single pair by taping off one pair and using the other without some kind of interference or...
  6. izeek

luxman m117 vs audiosource model 3

ive got a luxman m117 coming in next week. it was an opportunity for something that was well-regarded and the price waaaas right. my audiosource was maybe $500 new. the luxman $1899. there's a small difference in power with the luxman higher. not expecting any volume improvement. based on cost...
  7. izeek

is there a limit/best practice for ic length

ics come in so many different lengths. is there a best length? i'd like to shorten mine for neatness.
  8. izeek

audiosource model 3 vs rotel rb-980bx

ok. these are vintage amps. i realize these aint big dogs but hey, get in where you fit in. i have 3 of the audiosource. just got one as a back-up as so far, i do like them. pretty powerful. goooood bass impact with definitely nice detail. nice mid expression. got an opportunity to buy a rotel...
  9. izeek

And now you need test cerification for your cables.

Pine Tree Audio offers the same precision measurement data for your cables as we use in the prototyping, development and testing of our products. With your purchase, we will provide you with our Audio Cable Test Report, detailing the 8 specific parameters we use to design our cables. These...
  10. izeek

Gonna try this one mo time

After a really unpleasant experience with Apos, I bought a renewed d50s from Amazon ftfoi. How would I integrate it in? source>pre>dac>amps(pre has spdif out.>dac spdif in?) Actually, I plan on using the bt option mostly. Jbl SDP3 pre Audiosource Model 3 amps (2 vertically biamped)
  11. izeek

power cables from amazon

I ordered a power cable from Viborg on Amazon. What I received was the exact cable but from Audiocrast. As I screened through the choices I noticed that all the ads for different vendors all looked very much alike. Same cable pic showing the cable components. Sometimes they are different colors...
  12. izeek

How to use speaker A+B at the same time.

I have seen several kits where there were say a set of towers and a set of bookshelves or even another floorstander that looked like they were being used at the same time. I know looks are decieving. Are folks using 4 amps? I'm sure there are several possibilities. I've also read some using both...
  13. izeek

need help with toppoing d50s

I just got my spanking new Topping D50s. Looks cool. I got it all hooked up and....NOTHING. It turns on, the controls work, but absolutely no sound. Yes, I turned the volume up. I was really looking forward to using its bt connect. Nothing. My player plays but nothing comes out. I tried using...
  14. izeek

piggy on springs under speakers from matthooper

The thread concentrates on speaker isolation from floors. I'd like to throw my two cents in as several tips from fellow members have been truly helpful. First, I live in apt on the third floor. Let's be real. Those floors act like attenuators when I had my sub and speakers on the carpeted...
  15. izeek

bi-amping

so i know this subject has been beaten to death. ftf of it i am trying bi-amp with 1 amp for bass and one for mid/hi. after hooking it all up, i now have a hum. probably a ground loop, maybe. dunno. the hum is from the amp for the woofers. comments pleeease.
  16. izeek

is it safe to assume phone outputs clip

im using a phone for source. if i turn the volume all they way up, wont there be some clipping and/ or distortion? im sure it has an amp of some sort.
  17. izeek

cabling lay out help

i probably have a few questions actually. how do i keep my cables from looking like octopii? can i zip-tie my speaker cables together? how much interference or noise will i really get if my speaker cables pass over the power cords of amps, preamps, sub cable? im having to use 6ft cables to...
  18. izeek

a suggestion for apt and condo dwellers

first, lets establish that im a music lover. i listen most of the day, at work, in my car and at home.loud at that. im into jungle, dnb, rap, hiphop, jazz, classic country, any variety of rock, some classical. and i dont know jack other than i like what i hear. ive done no measuring. no room...
  19. izeek

power amps, home audio, and xlr-rca adapters

i got a nice deal in a crown com-tech 810. it has xlr connects.(plan to use xlr-rca cables)i know this is not a true balanced connect. my preamp has line-level outs. here's where i am. crown 810 300wpc@8ohms jbl synthesis sdp3 pre jbl l890 towers l8400 sub input by phone or bt adapter. not into...
  20. izeek

connector advice

i bought a crown com-tec 210 power amp. no rca connectors. can i buy an rca cable, cut it to bare wire and connect my preamp to my crown without harm?
Top Bottom