Search results

1. N

Pipe Dreams.....50hz Helmholtz resonator out of PVC pipe. Bass trap or money trap????

Be gentle please looking for some advice on PVC pipe resonators  Pipe dreams?????? Trying to get rid of this 50hz hang in the room. Got some PVC pipe and got them to resonate at the frequency I wanted. Three 10ft pipes basically cut in half and a neck added to lower frequency. Added some...
  2. N

I think i found my ringing problem. Do you think it's my oil heater? Anything I can place on the panels?

I think i just found my 80hz and below ringing issue!! Do you guys think it could be this metal oil heater that's leaving these long trails and increasing my RT60 times? I've had it ring as long as 1 second in RT60 times before. Anything I can put on this thing to keep it from ringing like...
  3. N

First Martin Logan Speaker?!?! Which one

There are so many models I don't know where to start. I would like to try a cheaper model to hear what they sound like in my room. Is there a good inexpensive model to get an idea of the flavor of sound? I'll probably EQ and I'll be crossing to subs at 80hz so don't need one that can (don't...
  4. N

AirPods Pro II measurements? Holy bass batman!

Has anyone seen the measurements on these headphones? I recently got mine and immediately switched the tips out for some foam tips and holy crap, the bass!!!!!! I don't think I've heard lower in my ears before and I'm including over-the-ear cans. With noise cancellation on these things are just...
  5. N

aiyima A09 review by anyone??? can't find info on it at all

Looking for any info on this amp. Could I use it to power my 2 way active/passive open baffle design? https://www.aiyima.com/products/aiyima-tpa3116-power-amplifier-hifi-5-1-bluetooth-5-0-amplifier-ldac-optical-coaxial-home-theater-subwoofer-amplificador-audio?variant=39432666841163
  6. N

AIYIMA A09 for 3 way open baffle

Hello everyone I am still embarking on this open baffle journey. I currently have a passible analog crossover for the Kef Q100 coaxial woofer and tweeter driver in the baffle. My goal is to actively blend two woofers coming that will arrive Wednesday and be placed on the same baffle...
  7. N

What kind of measurements do AVR's take?

I'm getting vastly different measurements from my AVR than I get with my Umik and REW. What gives? The AVR shows the raw LR measurements as tilted nicely down while my moving mic measurement or even regular sweep shows the rising treble. Why are the measurements so different? What kind of...
  8. N

Adding a wall/door for reflection

Ok maybe I'm crazy here but my setup sits in the right corner of an open room. I have a wall to the right but nothing to the left. I hear a wrap-around reflection from the right (which I like as it adds almost surrounding feeling) but nothing on the open left. Would it be weird to add a door...
  9. N

Making my own larger center channel out of my q100

Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out how I can add a couple of 6" woofers to my q100 in a larger box in order to relieve the mid and gain more low-end extension into the 60hz region. Currently, with my speaker in the entertainment center under the tv, it poops out at 100hz and my subs don't...
  10. N

Crossover board layout not schematic design

Hello everyone. I am a bit challenged when it comes to visualizing layouts. Is there software that can help with crossover layout on the board itself? Essentially a tool to help me lay the crossover out using the least amount of space and the easiest wiring possible. For examples I’d like to...
  11. N

Best way to construct crossover with tiny/short leads

Hello Everyone, I think I have an issue with a crossover board. It's a fabricated board in which you solder the leads on the bottom of the board. I was having all kinds of issues and couldn't get the tweeter to behave. I pulled all the components off the board but now my leads are super...
  12. N

Apple Music on Apple TV controlled by iphone give you Atmos over HDMI???

Can I control apple music on Apple TV with iPhone to send signal to Denon Receiver through HDMI to get Atmos music? Is it lossless (don't care that much about lossless as I've been happily streaming airplay lossy music for years). Just want that Atmos goodness. What kind of upmix am I getting...
  13. N

Software that will let me build a three sided wedge box? Lots of free software for enclosures but none I've seen that you build a wedge.

Been looking for software to help me calculate a cut list in order to build a 3 sided wedge box. My geometry and math skills aren't great and I haven't used that part of my brain in decades. Essentially I'm wanting to build my own atmos enclosures that will sit in the front corners of the...
  14. N

Help with my room and ringing (is this ringing????)

lease Help. Issues at 60hz, 80hz, 100hz, 120hz, 160hz, 220hz and 240hz. These are all time-domain issues (I think) as I've eq'd a decent frequency response. Still hearing a bloom to male vocals I don't like at all in dialog for movies and shows. My waterfall measurements is at 3:20 Here are...
  15. N

Thoughts on whether coaxial designs make a larger difference in timing in nearfield environments?

Do you think there would be larger advantages using coaxial designs in nearfield as the time alignment of drivers would seem to be more exaggerated with the tweeter above or below the woofer in such close proximity to the listener?
  16. N

Q100 speaker as surround in sealed small enclosure

Hello Everyone, I have two pair of KEF q100's I got for super cheap. They sound great for my surrounds but even better when I plugged the ports. I was wondering for home theater if I could make some pretty tiny sealed boxes to be able to place these tiny things just about anywhere. Looking...
  17. N

Toe-in, sounds stage, center image and dialog definition

Even though I have the curve I want and the desired amplitude at the desired frequency is it possible I'm getting "smearing" by achieving that amplitude by reflected sound vs direct sound? Could this change the intelligibility of dialogue etc? Hello everyone. I have a pair of RP600m's with GR...
  18. N

Looking for driver and enclosure kit with extreme wide dispersion.

Hi everyone. I'm pretty happy with my GR research RP600m's with mini dsp for fine tuning at listening position and also dual 18's to shore up the low end at 80hz and below. I'm looking for a kit to build a super wide dispersion speaker to compare to the Klipsch. I'd like to keep costs down...
  19. N

Am I screwed??? 80-100 hertz is non existent with this configuration..happy wife happy....er life.

Dual subs time aligned and eq'd but nothing from standmount or subs at 80hz to 100 hz in that corner!! Anything I can do other than move?
Top Bottom