Search results

1. R

Advice for my HD 800S

Actually, the 800S is 300 ohms
  2. R

Magnepan LRS Tweeter attenuation

CT Sweden Don't believe what is often said about Magnepans needing lots of power. As long as the amplifier is comfortable with a 4 ohm load it should be suitable. I have used my LRS with an NAD D3020 (30 watts per channel 4 ohms) with excellent results. I would first experiment with...
  3. R

Sennheiser HDV-820 USB DAC & Headphone Amp Review

Let's keep in mind that the HDV820 manual (and also the HDVD800 manual) clearly indicates high impedance headphones recommended
  4. R

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Try the HD 800 S using the headphone jack from an older integrated amplifier or receiver and you may be stunned at the result, and set aside your equalizer. The Topping A90, with it's very low output impedance is a poor match for the 800 S. I recently switched to my old NAD C352 amp from the...
  5. R

First Impressions of the Magnepan LRS vs. the LRS+

Wondering if in the second sentence you meant to say "not unlike a headphone"?
  6. R

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

"Test" Smest--How do they sound?
  7. R

The Scaling Myth

Possibly the most astute explanation I've read on the subject. Thanks
  8. R

Would be interested to know what amplification you are using with the LRS?
  9. R

How can you post a serious review of this speaker without even mentioning it's first order crossover?
  10. R

Don't you think it's time to give up this idea you can measure how an audio component sounds? Whatever one may ultimately decide about the LRS--and Magnepans are notorious for lacking mid-bass presence--measurements & three days (!) of listening are insignificant guides. It can take many...
Top Bottom