Search results

1. A

Playing bit-perfect music on your Macintosh

I installed LosslessSwitcher this morning, and the problem with it is the hiccup in the audio when changes the sample rate. I have a Topping D10s DAC, and it looks like whenever the sampling rate changes, the DAC goes to 48kHz and then to the sampling rate that is native to the file. And when...
  2. A

Allo Volt+ D Amplifier Review

You're not worried about the vent holes being covered up?
  3. A

I like that black cover. Where did you get it?
  4. A

This is something that's very easy to back up with measurements. Send some PSUs to Amir to test.
  5. A

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

I was just listening to a Mac Podcast and they said in an interview with the guy who designed the original Apple AirPods, the guy complained a lot about the limitations Bluetooth imposed on what they could do with the AirPods, sound quality-wise. With Apple's new push into lossless music, I...
  6. A

Playing bit-perfect music on your Macintosh

I have a Topping D10s that I bought based on Amir's review, and was deeply disappointed when I found out that most Apple music players WILL NOT switch sample rate and bit depth on the fly when you play a 24/192 song or a DSD file. There are players available which will do that, but they cost...
  7. A

44/16 is the full range of human hearing plus room to dither. So, that's not going to be an issue. I'm just curious if some of those audible artifacts in the 1 Khz test tone would still be there if we went Apple to Apple.
  8. A

No. The Beats Solo Pro solved my latency issue. I'm just curious if connecting Apple to Apple via Bluetooth AAC would produce better results than what Amir found when he connected an iPhone to the Topping. Apple doubled down on AAC when they made the W1 and H1 chips. Apple uses Bluetooth Class...
  9. A

I'm reading through this thread, and I have a few questions about these Bluetooth codecs. I know when you pair a device, it negotiates an A2DP codec. I assume it's also to negotiate a bitrate. Depending on the chip on each end, you may negotiate a good codec, but a lousy bitrate. I'm curious...
  10. A

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I swear that the entire point of "burn-in" for audio components is to make sure you can't return something to the store you bought it from. A US store like Best Buy only has a 15 day return window. If a company like Klipsch is recommending 30-40 hours of burn-in for a pair of their speakers, the...
  11. A

CE is an equivalent rating. But I don't think CE ratings require you to submit your equipment for rigorous testing. You can just submit design blueprints and get certified. UL requires actual equipment that they test in their own labs. That brick looks interesting, but costs more than I want...
  12. A

Hello all. New member here. I bought an Allo Volt+ D 2 weeks ago, when they came back in stock at pishop.us. Had a question about power supplies for this thing. Pishop.us did not offer any power supply options, and I really wanted to try thing out as soon as possible. So I ran out to...
Top Bottom