Search results

1. K

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Check out the latest comment thread on this post: https://theaudiophileman.com/wxc-wxa/
  2. K

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Ah. Any way to prevent this from happening apart from disconnecting the DAC every time? Is there a way to turn off the “auto on” feature for the D50s?
  3. K

Two questions: 1. What is your current setup with these? 2. Are you still in need of the remote, antennae, and other accessories?
  4. K

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I usually leave my Topping D50s connected to the USB hub which is connected to my MacBook. For some reason, I keep hearing/seeing the D50s turning itself on while the MacBook is sleeping, which then turns on the MacBook. Any idea why this is happening?
  5. K

I could certainly do that, but where can I find a Hypex power amp that would be significantly cheaper than the WXA-50?
  6. K

In this scenario, I would still need my Topping D50s DAC in front of my Atom, right?
  7. K

I’m actually hoping to find a decent small-ish amp that I could use on my desk that has a crossover - would you by chance have any suggestions?
  8. K

Ah, okay. But wouldn’t that be the case with most class D integrated amps?
  9. K

I have everything but an amp for my 2.1 nearfield desktop setup...

Adding another question: Which of the below options would be better for a 2.1 nearfield desktop PC setup primarily for listening to music? 1. MacBook > Topping D50s > JDS Labs Atom > Yamaha WXT-50 > KEF Q150 / SVS SB-2000 2. MacBook > Yamaha WXT-50 > SVS-2000 / JDS Labs Atom > KEF Q150...
  10. K

Would you fine ladies and gentlemen mind helping me figure out which of the below options would be better for a 2.1 nearfield desktop PC setup primarily for listening to music? 1. MacBook > Topping D50s > JDS Labs Atom > Yamaha WXT-50 > KEF Q150 / SVS SB-2000 2. MacBook > Yamaha WXT-50 >...
  11. K

SMSL SA300 / Infineon Class D

Thank you for the very comprehensive advice! I think I am ready to purchase the power supply, but could you please just explain one last thing? Would you be able to describe exactly how to cut the power cable and screw it onto the new power supply? Does that require any special tools? Sorry if...
  12. K

Ah... this seems a bit complex for me. I can find the same power supply on Amazon, but would you mind explaining how exactly I can do the replacement? Do I need to solder anything, or is it simply unscrewing some things?
  13. K

Sorry, I am a complete newbie. Would you mind providing a link to where I could purchase a better power supply for the SA300 please?
  14. K

I have everything but an amp for my 2.1 nearfield desktop setup...

Anyone willing to provide an amp recommendation for my 2.1 nearfield desktop PC setup for music? Unfortunately, I'm probably not able to swing a full-size receiver due to limited desk space. DAC: Topping D50s Pre-amp / Headphone Amp: JDS Labs Atom Power Amp: TBD Speakers: KEF Q150 Subwoofer...
Top Bottom