Search results

1. S

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Hi, It maybe has been discussed in the thread but I didn't see any mention of the digital version of the KH310. What are the use cases for which this version would be better suited than the analogue one? Kind regards Greg
  2. S

Active speakers as an answer?

Hi StefaanE, You're very right to point this out about the conversion. To be frank, coming from traditional hifi set ups, this is a whole new world to me (and a very promising one!). So I need to learn how it works as well as the different ways I can reach my objective. And choose the one most...
  3. S

Yes I did and as there is only a small price difference with shops in France, I prefer to buy locally, especially during this difficult period for many local businesses.
  4. S

The plan is not final and the hifi was put in a corner while it will probably be integrated in the bookshelf as well. I don't expect to have more than 2m long cable but in all cases this be connected in balanced with my Pionner U05s. Well, I don't really know about the pricing difference...
  5. S

Completely agree with the recommendation for smaller models. I will for sure be limited by my neighbours so not looking to go to extreme set ups. Concerning your last remark, you mean like getting a digital version of the Neumann for instance or the Genelec smart serie which would make the job...
  6. S

Thanks for the explanation StefaanE. Indeed, I should have understood by the speakeker's name :facepalm: Adding a sub was not in my plan at all actually nor to add cables to connect a local network. That being said, I really want to adjust the response to my room otherwise why spend so much...
  7. S

Thanks for the list of speakers and equipment q3cpm I understand the need for the GLM kit or the MA-1 but not the subwoofer. Why is it mandatory? The DRC cannot work without a sub???
  8. S

I'd like to stay under €3500. I actually determined this budget based upon the cost of the KH310s. If I can get the same performance and manufacturing quality at a lower price, of course I'll be happy to pick something else for example at Genelec. As far as DRC is concerned, I've no prior...
  9. S

Thanks Ilkless for uour comments! The KH310 indeed looks like an impressive product. Amirm's test shows outstanding results. The absence of bass-reflex probably makes it a bit easier to put close to the wall. The only downsides IMO comes from the less "sexier"/more bulky enclosure as opposed to...
  10. S

Hi everyone, Let me first wish all of you a happy new year! Over the last 2 years, this forum has been a goldmine to me and has really helped me with finding robust and reliable audio information. My sincere gratitude to all the people who give time and energy to such project starting with...
  11. S

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Thanks for your comment. I don't have much experience with ordering from China directly. I've sent them a message last week to get some more info but got no answer so far. In the meantime, the tracking has been updated but the parcel still appears in China 11 days after placing the order. Not...
  12. S

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Hi, I bought a S8 from the official store on Dec. 2nd and I don't see any progress with the parcel still stuck in China. Does anyone have the same experience ? I chose normal shipping and true they announce long delivery times via this shipment method... Cheers Greg
  13. S

Advice for a portable DAC AMP with balanced output

Actually, I saw it and the recommendation by Amirm but I was quite confused looking at the figures. In comparaison with my current NX4 dsd, it didn't seem to improve in any category and even was performing lower. But maybe I misread and misunderstood the review? As an aside, I live in France...
  14. S

Advice for a portable DAC AMP with balanced output

Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right category as this is my first time on ASR. I've been a reader for quite a while and a great admirer too of the work achieved here, allowing simple users like me to make more educated and objective purchases. I can say I bought the small Topping...
Top Bottom