Search results

1. C

Stereo system upgrade - recommendation please.

Just to provide an update: I ended up buying Monitor Audio Silver 500's paired with Rotel RB-991 Power Amplifier, Schiit Loki Mini+ tone control and Topping DX3 Pro+. Thank you everyone for all your input!
  2. C

Thank you for your reply gents. I normally just used the streaming functionality (Spotify connect/Music cast) to play music via Wifi. I had the TV permanently connected via the optical in and didn't use the PC to play music. I don't have any analogue sources. I suppose I could set up a mini PC...
  3. C

Thank you @Walter . I have convinced myself that loudness control is an essential feature for me. This means I have limited myself to Yamaha receivers. I'm thinking to go with Yamaha A-S701 or Yamaha R-N803D. And if I don't like the DAC, I can add a better DAC from Topping or SMSL to use when...
  4. C

I like your way of thinking! And I'll have two
  5. C

Peter Tyson have Monitor Audio Silver 10 Speakers in High Gloss Black for £1199. They seem to be discontinued and can only order them online from them. Are they a considered a bargain? @tonycollinet - I'll call up RS tomorrow and see what services they offer. Thanks for the recommendation for...
  6. C

Thanks @MaxBuck - unfortunately those DAC's are way outside my budget. Good to know though! @tonycollinet - that would be amazing if I could do a home trial. Do they offer it only on speakers or on amplifiers as well?
  7. C

Thank you Walter & jsrtheta for your suggestions. I can indeed travel to Glasgow & Edinburgh for an audition but that means I have to wait a couple of months before I can eventually travel, audition and then order. So far I have shortlisted the following: Monitor Audio - Bronze 500 & Silver...
  8. C

Thank you for your reply jsrtheta. I've always liked the Dali design but not heard them. Monitor Audio Gold look nice too but not heard them either. In Aberdeen there is only one hifi shop and I have not had a great experience with with them. That is, they say have the speakers to demo and...
  9. C

Hi everyone, I want to upgrade my home stereo system and need your recommendations. Last year I upgraded my headphone set-up based on the recommendations I received on this forum. Thank you SJ777 & Bravomail for suggesting to go with Topping E30 + L30 combo. The recommendations were spot on...
  10. C

DAC + headphone amplifier recommendation please

Thank you! I'll order them now. E30 + L30 it is.
  11. C

Thanks, in terms of upgrade they are all significant upgrades from the Creative E5 right? Arranging the options in terms of cost: 1) D50s + A50s - £410.00 2) D50s + L30 - £350.00 3) E30 + L30 (no bluetooth) - £230.00 4) DX3 Pro £170.00 Only reason for wanting bluetooth is so I can stream to...
  12. C

Thank you! I'll order it on Amazon. Is there a way to have Bluetooth functionality added to it?
  13. C

Hello again, any input would be much appreciated. £450.00 is my max budget and hopefully it is a significant upgrade from the Creative E5 which I'm currently using. Thanks in advance!
  14. C

Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a while on an ad-hoc basis and finally decided to make an account. I need some help with my audio kit. I've bought the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro headphones and currently running them off the Creative E5 dac/amp on "high gain" mode. The bass on...
Top Bottom