Search results

1. F

How long do your Apple lightning dongles last?

I've never worn one out. But I've lost plenty.
  2. F

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Media Markt in Germany currently have Elac DBR2 speakers on sale at 333€ / pair. Might only be a few remainders left though, I saw them today in my local store but they don't appear to be listed on the website any more.
  3. F

Elac DBR62 on sale (EU)

Ah, thanks. I looked for something like that but didn't find it.
  4. F

Elac DBR62 on sale (EU)

I hope it's acceptable to post this sort of information here. If so: European ASR readers might be interested in the fact that Media Markt currently have Elac DBR2 speakers on sale at 333€ / pair. Might only be a few remainders left though, I saw them today in my local store but they don't...
  5. F

SOLD!!!: [EU]Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk

Are these still available?
  6. F

Elac Carina BS243.4 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I wonder if Elac might have, or have had, supply difficulties due to the DBR62 being an unexpected hit? I had a pair on order for weeks in 2020, with the expected shipping date slipped several times, until I saw a good deal on the 243.4's and cancelled the original order. Maybe...
  7. F

Measurement beginner - measuring a single speaker on a stereo amplifier

Very informative, thank you. I was assuming switching the sub off and setting the lowest possible crossover frequency on the amp would suffice for measuring a speaker, but if it's necessary to unplug the sub then I will do so.
  8. F

Measurement beginner - measuring a single speaker on a stereo amplifier

I'm thinking of getting a UMIK-1 to start playing around with some measurements. I'm assuming for room measurements & corrections I want the mike at my normal listening position, with both speakers & sub running. But what if I want to try to measure my speakers? Single speaker measurements seem...
  9. F

So, I am now the proud owner of a pair of the 247.4 floorstanders (780€ ex demo from Media Markt), the idea being to replace my two year old 243.4's. But a pernicious thought starts to creep in: I've never had the slightest interest in a 5.1 setup, but now I find myself in possession of matched...
  10. F

I've had the bookshelf Carinas for a couple of years and my local MediaMarkt is currently selling an ex demo pair of the floorstanders well below half price, so I may be about to find out if I prefer them subjectively (although I have neither the equipment or the experience to do frequency...
  11. F

Spirits, what you drinking...

Funny you should say that. I've been allowed to try the Glendronach 18 I gave my son for his 18th birthday, and my first reaction to it was "this is like drinking christmas pudding"
  12. F

TV Series Suggestion Please

Expanse still worth bothering with if one has read the books? (Or, in my case, mostly listened to as audiobooks in the car)
  13. F

Songs that depict real events...Now also, playlist on Spotify

No mention yet of Elvis Costello's Shipbuilding? Or Robert Wyatt's beautiful cover?
  14. F

Spirits, what you drinking...

I have a bottle of the Redbreast 21 stashed in the cellar awaiting my son's 21st birthday. (And another bottle next to it for me, just in case it turns out to be as amazing as the reviews all say it is)
  15. F

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Hume, it'll be interesting to see fanboys trying to put a favourable spin o' za test results
  16. F

Moondrop Blessing 2 vs Dusk

Based on glowing reviews here and from crinacle, I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger on a Hidizs S9 Pro plus Moondrop Blessing as my endgame travel audio setup. The "standard" Blessings are currently available through my local Amazon on a Black Friday deal at 266€, versus ordering...
  17. F

Live sound ain't always what it's cracked up to be...

Acoustics can be very variable within the venue and the engineer only knows what s/he is hearing. I remember hearing Neil Young & Crazy Horse at the Olympiahalle in Munich. The venue is designed as a sports arena not an auditorium & not exactly known for its acoustics. We walked in high up at...
  18. F

Headphone amp into Genelecs?

Hi folks, I have a rather naive question. I just picked up a used set of Genelec 1029A's with matching 7050A sub. I intend to feed them from a streamer/DAC, probably something RasPi based like an Allo Boss2 or the XLR version of the Hifiberry. But since I have no experience whatsoever in the...
  19. F

L30 alternative (Europe)?

True, and amazon.de was also listing the E30 & L30 with European distribution last year, although not currently. I'm more concerned about general reliability/build quality
Top Bottom