Search results

1. A

High End Audio and the Domain of Time

Why not just look at multitone?
  2. A

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

Not imply, stated. The low DC rail could cause undervoltage lockout. Rapid changes in the DC rail due to load variance could also cause unexpected issues with bias circuits expecting a somewhat steady DC rail. Go back a bunch of posts/pages and I show what will happen if you attempt low...
  3. A

QUOTE="amirm, post: 1069804, member: 2"] No it isn't. It only becomes so if you have the measurements to show that to be the case. Not just claim it to be so with rudimentary simulation no less. This really is rudimentary EE stuff and my simulations even if simple are 100% bang on. If you...
  4. A

The simulations in this case are close enough to reality to be reality. For the common mode rejection that is best shown with measurement's.
  5. A

I never claimed that a linear power supply would fall apart with something other than pure 60Hz. I said if you put a filter inline that filtered to low frequencies it would fall apart. That may seem like the same thing. It is not. That a supply changes in Voltage at 60Hz does not mean that that...
  6. A

Look back of my simulations and the descriptions of them. I provided a few posts with those. That one in particular about a week ago. I think. This is one of the problems with choke regulation in power supplies for audio. Great for Class A with constant power. Pain for AB with variable power.
  7. A

The measurements I will provide are not related to this most recent part of the discussion, but I should be able to find a large value inductor in the lab. The measurements will be related to whether power filtering can remove noise from an audio chain. It will be relatively easy since I just...
  8. A

It is not meant to simulate what you did. It is to show that you can't filter to anywhere near 120Hz as that will cause massive voltage droop under load at the DC side. There is nothing remotely dubious about any of the values I have used nor the simplicity of my circuit. If anything a more...
  9. A

Are you a Subjectivist or an Objectivist?

Unfortunately that happens to technical people and scientists all the time too. There is a saying in the science community that new ideas progress not because they are so evidently better but because all the detractors die. People latch onto questionable "scientific" ideas all the time.
  10. A

If it is filtered it is not lost to heat other than the non ideal characteristics of inductors and capacitors. Resistive filters have losses but we are not talking about that. Small loses from poor PF/THD are due to higher losses in wiring and transformers. Lighting retrofits reduce heating...
  11. A

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Arguably their best and most experimental music was after the touring phase. Correct, they didn't need the money. That ability to create music without touring is rather dead.
  12. A

Just an FYI, the diodes in the circuit means it is no longer a linear circuit hence you can't use simple linear circuit analysis any more.
  13. A

No electrical guitars?
  14. A

It's rather similar on most streaming platforms and this thread was specifically about what is streamed on these platforms.
  15. A

A lot of the greatest Beatles music was never intended to be played live. That is why it was so good. No restrictions.
  16. A

Your lack of knowledge is showing. Big difference between measuring and doing. The voltage may be at 60Hz. The current and power is not. Those are defined by the load, not the source. What if the source was DC? If you put a filter inline with the load what would happen? That is entirely...
  17. A

And what do you think that drop comes from?
  18. A

QUOTE="Ingenieur, post: 1069140, member: 30993"] The only room he needs is a classroom. A 0% THD input's output is no different than one with 5% THD. The harmonics do not increase/decrease output. Drop across the filter may. No different than a high Z feeder Btw, your 200 W will not do 200...
  19. A

When are you starting your lessons maybe I can tag along?
  20. A

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

To the tune of "Last Kiss" Oh where or where can my power be, Bob Carver took it away from me. I bought the amp cause he said it was good, But I should have stuck with that old Sherwood.
Top Bottom