Search results

1. E

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

I just disconnected a bookshelf speaker here in the music room and put it right on the transformer of a QSC GX5 power amp, and sure enough I can hear a very faint buzzing sound from the woofer. The buzz is very faint and is gone completely moving the speaker just a few inches from the transformer.
  2. E

JBL Conceal C83 Invisible Speaker Review

Imagine not being able to tolerate the look of the grill on a traditional in-wall speaker. First-world problem defined. Silly product at an even sillier price.
  3. E

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

I saw her perform in 2008 at the country music festival Stagecoach. Her voice was absolutely terrible. I'm talking bad drunken karaoke on a Tuesday night terrible. I left after two and a half songs to get a beer. I would never have guessed then that she'd become one of the biggest pop stars...
  4. E

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

Sony STR-DH590 is a 5.2 channel AVR that you can set the speaker config from 2.0 to 5.1. It has a selectable HPF from 40-160 Hz for the mains. It is $250 USD and sounds transparent to my ears. Experiment with it and see if you can hear a difference between it and separates. Return it if not...
  5. E

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

The argument that a speaker/monitor is not a tool that a sound ENGINEER would use to perform a TASK to complete a JOB is just a silly and embarrassing one IMO. I'm willing to bet most engineers would say nearly all the equipment they use are tools necessary to performing the jobs they are paid...
  6. E

Why does my music start sounding crappier once I go past 70db on my AVR ?

Like others have mentioned get a subwoofer or two, then learn how to set a high pass filter of 60Hz or higher in your AVR. Everything will sound much cleaner - especially at higher volumes.
  7. E

Pls help me understand digital(out) multi channel audio interface

if your computer and receiver have HDMI you can send individual channels via HDMI to the receiver and use Equalizer APO to set crossovers for each channel. You have to configure your PC to output the number of channels you require.
  8. E

Kef Q150 Bookshelf Speaker (review by Erin)

Tried this speaker a few weeks ago and didn't care for the tweeter. My high-passed and EQ'd Sony SS-CS5 bookshelves sounded better overall to me than the KEFs. The KEFs do image well though. I tried to like these but just couldn't vibe with them and ended up returning them.
  9. E

Sony STR-DH590 quotes 145W per channel - what do you think?

Hi. I actually use the DH590 in a small living room and it does great. I only run a 2.2 system though and have not tried it in any surround config. I use a HP filter of 80Hz to the L&R speakers and there seems to be plenty of power to hit 90dB+ where I sit. It sounds very good to me using...
  10. E

NHT Super Zero 2.1 Review (bookshelf speaker)

These speakers would likely make decent computer speakers. Most modern PCs' onboard audio can set a speaker config and a HP filter to the L/R speakers.
  11. E

Any decent 5.1 receiver provides high pass crossover settings for all 5 speakers.
  12. E

This is a review of the Super Zero, not the Super One. The Super One uses a 6.5" woofer and may indeed have adequate bass. Two different speakers.
  13. E

Sony SS-CS5 3-way Speaker Review

It appears so. Just reading the review of the Adam T5V with its lower preference score and much higher price. He should change his recommendation and the panther for this Sony speaker on the first page of the review IMO.
Top Bottom