Search results

1. A

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

Has anyone else used Play-Fi recently on this device? I was using optical in for years due to the terrible reviews, but it seems to be functional right now, at least for Tidal and Sirius (haven't tried other sources yet). Am I missing anything or sacrificing performance vs. optical in?
  2. A

PSI Audio Avaa C20 experience

You can see ARC alone in the original graphs I posted. There seems to be significant improvement when ARC and AVVA are both operating
  3. A

Project for next weekend...
  4. A

Sources (digital and turntable) --> Martin Logan Unison for ARC only --> digital out to SMSL DAC --> nCORE class D Amp --> KEF LS50 METAs / single SVS SB1000 Pro. So I don't have full bass management capabilities, but you can see in the earlier posts what ARC accomplishes when it is thrown...
  5. A

Agreed - in all of this, I haven't mentioned any subjective impressions, but I am getting much less mud with A/B testing and very happy with how it sounds. I am going to mess with ARC and see if I can figure out what it is doing to the signal under about 32hz - I have some ideas on how to fix that.
  6. A

Agreed - but you can see a much bigger difference on the waterfalls
  7. A

OK - back with my REW measurements. This is my first time using REW. I followed Amir's guide (and a few others I found online), but let me know if something seems obviously wrong, or if there is another graph that would be more useful to see (I did frequency, waterfalls and spectrograms). I did...
  8. A

I ended up taking off the high pass on my mains, removing the port bungs and messing with some other things and I think I got a better overall curve. Here it is now, with and without AVAA. WITHOUT AVAA (large nulls at 100 and 200) WITH AVAA (reduced nulls at 100 and 200, flattened peaks)
  9. A

Starting with 1. I have a small room and a single nearfield listening position. I know they recommend at least 2.
  10. A

That's all I can get from ARC. I've never used REW so that's going to be the next project.
  11. A

Here are my ARC genesis frequency curves with the AVAA on and off and the unit in the front left corner a few feet from the sub (I still plan to play a bit with positioning). It looks like it totally takes care of the null at 100hz, but makes the one at 50hz slightly worse, which I can't figure...
  12. A

Yes, but this was before it was discontinued
  13. A

Yeah, it worked fine when it was on, but if it ever was powered down or needed to restart, getting it to power back on took about 15 minutes of tapping/ holding the power button and hoping for the best. They ended up sending a brand new unit instead of repairing and the new one has been fine.
  14. A

Nice reply, but still a shame. I have a Unison but I'm already on my second unit (Uber warranty) after the first stopped powering on. Hope this one lasts!
  15. A

Just noticed this and the Unison seem to be discontinued. Is there a next generation product coming? It was nice to get access to ARC with such a low price tag.
  16. A

We will see I guess. I have read other accounts and seen other measurements to the contrary but I appreciate your warning! At worst I can sell 'like new' without a huge loss (I got a good discount)
  17. A

I took the plunge and will try to offer up some measurements when it arrives in a few weeks. In the meantime, I'm curious whether I should re run my anthem arc room correction calibration with the Avaa powered on once I get the unit set up? That would seem to be the way to go, but I can't find...
  18. A

Need to read up on that, but unless it hits minidsp or similar that will end up being a more expensive solution
Top Bottom