Search results

1. M

All new setup - advice please

Hi, what was the solution in the end?
  2. M

Heed Elixir

Hi, I heard it a few times in the manufacturer's showroom. I quite like the sound that the company represents. I currently own a Heed Audio Obelisk SI mkIII. Both obelisk and elixir have long-listening, fluid sounds. With a good sense of rhythm. Maybe nothing flashy at first. He doesn't...
  3. M

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Is the performance of the RCA input the same?
  4. M

Polk R700 Review by Audioholics

Which is better, Polk R700 or Revel F36? (In my country, the prices are exactly the same.)
  5. M

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

Does this mean that the X18 can be used to drive a power amplifier without significant performance loss? Or is it recommended to use an analogue preamplifier? Actually, the question is how good the X18 is as a preamplifier.
  6. M

Amplifier Bakeoff: Purifi Eval1, McIntosh MA252 & Benchmark AHB2

No. I couldn't. But I probably couldn't say why there shouldn't be a difference.
  7. M

Describing what you hear is not an easy task. He may not be good at describing what he hears. That doesn't mean there is no difference. (I don't want to defend him, because afterwards he made some not very nice statements, which will be judged by the moderators.)
  8. M

The fact that Gueco and an another guy have a different opinion does not mean that Gueco is wrong. He could be wrong, the other guy could be wrong, or they could both be wrong. But maybe Gueco is not wrong.(for example, a double blind test confirms this) So you can't be sure it's "just placebo"...
  9. M

Why are you sure there is no audible difference between the two amplifiers?
  10. M

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Thank you for your reply. So actually, the integrated amplifiers are measured as if they were power amplifiers with 29dB gain, for comparability with power amplifiers. I see, but is there any chance that they are also measured as we use them in the real world? (2V analog input level, 0dBFS...
  11. M

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

I'd like to ask if it has been mentioned anywhere why amirm measures the SINAD (at 5W output) of integrated amplifiers at low input signal levels. For both analog and digital input. In this case ~0.157V for analog input and -24dBFS for digital input. I mean I use sources with an output of around...
  12. M

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

I think you can use any streamer with USB output(Rpi, pc, android based streamer, etc) and with an USB to AES converter.(topping u90, etc)
  13. M

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

@amirm What do you think of the sound? Did you do a listening test?
  14. M

Tidal reportedly enabling bit-perfect playback to USB DAC on Android

2.46 still freezes. Xiaomi Mi 10, Tempotec E35.
  15. M

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

My favourite singer, songwriter, guitarist is Aron, Andras from Hungary(central europe), who I think is great in many formations, in many genres. Apey (his solo project)(country, blues) Trillion (prog rock) Lazarvs (ex-Apey and the Pea) (sludge, stoner metal) What do you guys think...
  16. M

Could we all be wrong about SINAD?

A good measurement does not mean it sounds good. It means it sounds right. That's what high fidelity is all about.
  17. M

Tidal reportedly enabling bit-perfect playback to USB DAC on Android

Unfortunatelly Tidal app still freezes with Tempotec Sonata E35 when "bit-perfect" mode is allowed. :( Tidal ver.: 2.45.0, MIUI 12.5.2, Android 11.
Top Bottom