Search results

1. N

JBL Studio 530 JBL Sub 550p Sub-Woofer Crossover Setting

@witwald, thank you so much for your suggestions. My 580s haven't arrived yet, but I've received the 530s and the 550p subs. I noticed that I've lost some sensitivity compared to my prior speakers which were rated at 92dbs. These are 88. To me, it just means that I have to run the volume a...
  2. N

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

Just received a pair of 530s and a pair of 550p subs. These speakers are so so so good. I'm very impressed. Subs are not well integrated yet, and I'll have to figure out placement, equalizing and phasing them, etc. They are a bit boomy right now. My receiver is a yamaha rx-v479 and the ypao...
  3. N

Thank you @witwald . I'm using a 5.1 AV receiver. Yamaha RX-V479. I'll start out with 50hz as the xo point. I also ended up ordering the Studio 580 speakers. Now I'm wondering if the 580 should be my fronts or if the 530/550 combo should be the fronts. If I do 580 as fronts, I'm thinking...
  4. N

I found this thread at the right time. Just ordered a pair of Studio 530s with a pair of 550p subs plus the center channel. @witwald, Would the 50hz xo point still what I should do for two subs as well?
  5. N

Music to Cry For

All along the watchtower riff, especially at the end of the song as the music fades and as Jimmy keeps going. Gives me goosebumps.
  6. N

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Mine are all digital. Monitors too.
  7. N

This document is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you so much.
  8. N

For those of you listening to 8330a monitors + 7350a, are you using the default crossover frequency of 85hz? I just received my 7350a and hooked it up today. I have left the crossover at 85hz. I'm wondering if it is worth tinkering with different xo frequencies and on what basis and why I...
  9. N

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

If I am reading this correctly, neither 8351 or 8361 is ideal for listening over 3 meters away because the direct sound would be overpowered by reflections. Or is that not an issue because the directivity is so good?
  10. N

Poll: Where are you guys from?

From Kathmandu. Now in Minnesota, US.
  11. N

Show us your bicycles!

MS 150 is a great event. Which one do will you be doing?
  12. N

Show us your bicycles!

My Litespeed Tuscany mounted on a KickR Core smart bike trainer.
  13. N

I should have known that. Thank you for the information. If I were to use REW to create the sweep tone, that'd be produced by my computer, right?
  14. N

Am I just hearing what I want to hear? I have had the 8330a speakers for a few months. The room is asymmetric and not treated at all. I have been very happy with the sound. Like, really really happy. The A/B with GLM calibration on and off is a great experience where the bass gets tight after...
  15. N

Daaaaaaamn! 8361 is huuuuuuuge!
  16. N

Where is the price for the M1 listed? I've searched and never found it.
  17. N

Even my by comparison small 8330a speakers are a pain to move around because they don't have any straight angles to grab on to.
  18. N

How loud do you listen to your stereo?

22 db sounds very very quiet. Basement with lots of treatment?
  19. N

How loud do you listen to your stereo?

I've been listening at lower volumes lately. Average at 75 db ish. I enjoy listening loud, around 90db average, but don't want to accelerate my hearing loss. I use gelelec glm's microphone to measure.
Top Bottom