Search results

1. jawbfl

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I doubt anyone would do this, but if they do we will know that we don't know enough because I think the truth is somewhere in between.
  2. jawbfl

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

It will look bad if you drop the price on very expensive devices, early buyers would hate to know the margins you took, but you can create a similar product for a cheaper price and no body will be mad. Always recycle, keep the hype up, fill every segment and keep the prices close so people could...
  3. jawbfl

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Great review, a bit disappointed looking at the price, I was awaiting a competing DAC to the E50 at its price point, I'm officially waiting for SU-9nn (no MQA no Bluetooth) under $300.
  4. jawbfl

I'm waiting for the day where we will see objective camp (lead by Amir obviously) vs subjective camp (maybe lead by Darko? WTV) on a Youtube livestream in a long epic ABX battle, proving once and for all who is right, it will be legendary. If anyone has the resources to make these people put...
  5. jawbfl

Interesting, could someone point where this difference can be seen in the measurements? if it's measurable that is.
  6. jawbfl

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I remember reading it a few times, now that I searched it I couldn't find a link between the two but couldn't also find any official filings, also it's not a strange concept, many holdings create competition with sub brands since it has lots of advantages, but with no data can't say they are or...
  7. jawbfl

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Yes, I expect SMSL to release a new line up to compete with Topping E/L50, they are part of the same holding? so I'm skeptical but inner competition will be beneficial to us, I have an SH9 and the only reason I'm not buying E50 yet is the look of the stack :/
  8. jawbfl

Is that it? for about $500 you can have this stack now so it's a matter of time before something like this can be had for under $250. Is audio a solved problem now? should we even care about anything now except lower and lower prices in the same ballpark performance?
  9. jawbfl

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Good to know, my brain still refuses to accept that all good measuring DACs are equal. Any issues with ESD or something of the sort?
  10. jawbfl

Just what I expected from an ASR member .. sometimes I just need to hear some flowery talk. Any reliability issues though?
  11. jawbfl

@raif71 how does it sound compared to other DACs you have?
  12. jawbfl

Good concept but I doubt Topping would make it, D10, D10s never had a companion amp.
  13. jawbfl

You even scaled the 3.5 to look like a 2.5, good job sir.
  14. jawbfl

Me too at first, but that cable looks as flexible as a Mogami so it won't be cheap.
  15. jawbfl

The D10b is strictly for balanced usage because it outputs 4V, if you want to use RCA get the D10s it's mostly the same, you can't adapt from 4V differential to 2V with regular adapters.
  16. jawbfl

Can someone compare these, please?

I think it's best to wait as all those units are new and there aren't many reviews/users to find possible QC issues. EX5 is great if you want no upgradability, basically an A30Pro with a free D10b with bluetooth in one box. If you want to upgrade the DAC I'd get SH9 instead of SH8s because of...
  17. jawbfl

I'm in the same boat, I was tempted by the SU8 V2 but this came out, I'm just waiting for more reviews to decide. Total speculation, take it with a huge grain of salt, I think Topping will update the mid-range offering A50s/D50s next, could be sometime this year or early next year, the $200-250...
Top Bottom