Search results

1. T

KEF R3 in a nearfield setup - amp pairing

Hi there, Which of you are using or have used KEF R3 in a nearfield setup? I already got a pair in my living room and I am considering buying another pair for my work desk (they are deeply discounted now). I am wondering what is the cheapest amp I can get away with not to compromise sound...
  2. T

Kef R3 + SVS 3000 Micro - digital crossover (at what frequency?)

I got KEF R3 and SVS 3000 Micro. I am going to buy MiniDSP Flex and I would like to cross them over digitally. I am also buying UMIK-2 to be able to measure real in-room frequency response. There are quite quite annoying reflections in my living room because it is very minimally furnished...
  3. T

FS in Europe: SMSL SU-9 DAC

Hi, I have an SMSL-SU9 DAC for sale. It was purchased last year in March 2021 from audiophonics.fr There are 9 months of outstanding warranty left on it. I bought a sub and decided to go for MINIDSP Flex for a better integration. Original price: 430 eur Asking price: 350 eur including...
  4. T

Volumio v3 on Pi Zero 2

I can proudly state that a home streamer can now be as cheap as 40 eur: Pi zero 2 W - 16 eur Flirc case - 16 eur Power adapter - 8 eur It took me over 3 hours to set up but the next one would be done within 20-30 minutes. I overclocked it because the flirc case can cool it just fine. And the...
  5. T

Confused about nominal vs real speaker impedance

So I have both DALI Oberon 1: 6 Ohm nominal impedance KEF R3: 8 Ohm nominal impedance I tried them both with the same signal chain at the same settings and I swear the KEFs are playing louder than Oberons. I would think it was supposed to be the other way around. Did I get my theory wrong?
  6. T

Yamaha WXA-50 alternatives

I love what Yamaha is offering in their WXA-50: DAC+amp (+optional streamer) in a small package but I do need USB input so that the device can act as an external sound card to PC. I like the balanced quality of DAC and AMP as measured by Amir. Is there a device out there with similar specs +...
  7. T

cheap Android tablet + Gustard X16 + dedicated speaker amp = streaming possible?

Hi guys, I am new to hifi and I was wondering if it's possible to use a cheap android tablet as a streamer (connected to wifi) which would pass digital signal to the DAC via USB and the DAC would serve as a preamp for volume control in the whole chain. I am specifically keen to know if Amazon...
Top Bottom