Search results

1. cbayschm

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

What firmware are you using on the RPi 4? I use the RPi 4 with Ropieee/RopieeeXL and haven't had any stuttering issues. If you are using Ropieee, check in the Advanced Tab that USB auto suspend is OFF. Also there was a USB Firmware Version Update a few weeks ago, you can update on the on the...
  2. cbayschm

Mine came with a power cable.
  3. cbayschm

I just tested it out. With USB Audio Player Pro, no problem, tested with DSD64, PCM 44.1k, PCM 96k, PCM 192k, and Tidal MQA. 352.8K, no issues. But through the Tidal app, it was going through the phone audio driver which manages volume, so couldn't get MQA to work. I didn't find any place in...
  4. cbayschm

There will always be flat earthers as there always will be people willing to depart with thousands of dollars for fairy wing laced cables. Don't waste your time trying to change that, let them be. This has gone like 2-3 pages of: I'm right... No, I'm right... No, I'm right.... Repeat...
  5. cbayschm

I just realized I have it in H-Fast. Anyway, I haven't done a filter listening test, to determine what sounds best for me. I will try to see if I hear a difference.
  6. cbayschm

Native DSD is supported. I haven't tried the volume, I have it fixed. I use the volume on my amp, which has a remote control. I will test it out later and will update this post with the feedback. UPDATE: I tested the device volume: If I set it to device volume it doesn't allow Roon to change...
  7. cbayschm

To add a little to the post I made before, this is how I have it set up. I used this USB port on the Raspberry Pi 4: I then configured the Ropieee from the web interface as follows: On Roon side I see the Bridge and the DAC appears as Gustard USB Audio 2.0. I change the name to Gustard X16...
  8. cbayschm

Hi I have this setup, only difference, I am running ropieee, not ropieeexl. But it worked right away. I had no issues. What is your issue? Do you see the bridge in Roon and don't see the dac? Or another issue?
  9. cbayschm

For your first question, the answer is it will only decode MQA coded files, other formats will just bypass MQA and do normal DAC conversion at the frequency of the file. With respect to your second question, I didn’t understand what you where asking, but be careful as the IIS input of the X16...
  10. cbayschm

Shenzhenaudio has the user manual in english on their webpage. There is english explanation on each filter and the names. https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/#all
  11. cbayschm

This was already talked about before in this thread. Because you are going through the coaxial, X16 cannot do full decode (the first unfold is done in the XMOS USB chip). You have to disable external MQA DAC so the Node2i does the first decode, and then the X16 will do the rendering. But take...
  12. cbayschm

They finally updated the MQA webpage, Gustard is officially on the DAC list with the X16. Congrats @gustard! https://www.mqa.co.uk/partners/gustard
  13. cbayschm

Just make sure your power strip disconnects both line and neutral. Some cheap ones only disconnects one, and if you are in a country that doesn't have differentiated line and neutral plugs, you could be leaving the line connected.
  14. cbayschm

You guys can debate all you want, but the reality is the X16 doesn’t have it, you have to get up to turn it on, and you will have to reach to the back to do it... If you don't like the design, no one is putting a gun to your head to buy it. The product was designed, manufactured, certified...
  15. cbayschm

I have to turn on my amplifier which also has no standby (a tube amp), so I use it as excersise to get up from the couch, turn on both the amp and X16 to listen to music. Not so bad. Also I prefer to keep my equipment off by a hard switch, that way if I there is a lightning storm or any...
  16. cbayschm

They do have firmware updates, but seems they only have a firmware update for the U16 model on their webpage right now. Gustard did say on a previous post that the firmware for the X16 was perfect and didn't need any update, but if something does come up, we should be able to do a firmware...
  17. cbayschm

Correct, it is not a typo, its how it's defined by MQA to be shown.
  18. cbayschm

I have DSP turned off and volume set to fixed. I will check what you say about DSP volume, but I don't even normalize. According to me, I have no DSP turned on. I thought it weird also when I saw it.
  19. cbayschm

If it is showing the "MQA." logo on the DAC then it is doing the full decoding/rendering. If Tidal was doing the first unfold, then the Screen would show "OFS" instead. I tested this out with Roon. If I let Roon do the first unfold and X16 only render, even with DSP turned off, it would show OFS...
  20. cbayschm

Yeah, I don't see that on that post. Seems like after a time limit that option disappears? I do see it on newer posts and are able to edit them. Edit: Including this one :) I attach a screenshot.
Top Bottom