Search results

1. I

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

That seems exactly it, thanks a lot! I'm reassured if it's just some quirk of the DAC chip that's easily worked around rather than a fault with my unit that could affect performance in some subtle way or cause problems later on. I'm still going back and forth on how best to EQ the speakers...
  2. I

Just to update on this, I found that the right channel stops dropping out in mono if I lower the RMS level of REW's pink noise generator from the default -12dBFS to around -24.5dBFS, even if I increase the EX5 volume to compensate. Still no idea why it would be doing this on one channel but not...
  3. I

Thanks, but even trying that I'm still consistently getting the same behaviour. I've also since tried the EX5 connected to my laptop instead, which has an older version of REW and an older Topping driver (it runs Windows 7) with the same result, so I'm leaning towards it being a fault with my...
  4. I

I set up a pair of Genelec 8030C with an EX5 yesterday and encountered a slightly weird issue - when I used REW to run a sine sweep or play pink noise through a single speaker it worked fine with the left channel, but the right kept cutting out with a pop after three or four seconds of the sweep...
  5. I

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Thanks, I forgot to mention that I ordered one of these (the design using 6 diodes), but I returned the original unit before I could try it with that, and it makes no difference with the replacement.
  6. I

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

I've been having some issues using the auto-sense function with a low variable gain setting (8.5dB), using a miniDSP SHD as the source, and I wondered if anyone else with the same pairing could test it and see if they can replicate it (or help me figure out what's going on). When the C298 is...
Top Bottom